Hi, I'm trying to modify the JScroll Composer file so I can put different icons ... Software & Theme Development forum

bberrygirl no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Custom icons not showing up

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm trying to modify the JScroll Composer file so I can put different icons in it. I opened the file in Composer and changed the images, but when I install the theme, none of the custom icons show up. Only the default BB icons appear. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.
    bberrygirl

alai99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    if you are talking about icons on your home screen you change it in the Theme Builder not in the Composer.

Quote Originally Posted by alai99 View Post
    if you are talking about icons on your home screen you change it in the Theme Builder not in the Composer.
    Yes, the icons are on the homescreen, but the homescreen references the JScroll .SVG file. So would I not have to change the images in the SVG file using Composer?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    You would have to talk to either 9of13/riff/holster about modding the svg file to suit your needs. You have to do this on composer to make the svg customizable I guess. I'm not that great on composer so I wouldn't know. Good luck I think 9 provided a tutorial on how to do this as well as pinpoint and holster. Okay, enough yapping from me good luck dude
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

alai99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    yes, I just try it myself to make sure. I have a svg file create with some hidden dock icon inside and I went to change the icons inside the theme builder. when I run the simulator, icons on the home screen change to the icons I change inside the them builder.

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by bberrygirl View Post
    Yes, the icons are on the homescreen, but the homescreen references the JScroll .SVG file. So would I not have to change the images in the SVG file using Composer?

Well, there are two ways to answer this problem. That will depend on what you are exactly trying to do. Are you wanting custom images, but still have the icons be user defined, or are you putting custom images and wanting to change each icon to a specific program (ie messages, calendar, etc).

The reason it is not working for you is because the svg is set to be user defined icons/programs, which means what ever is in the first 6 or however many slots you have on the apps screen is what the program and its icon is going to be. If you set it in composer as user defined, you could put a picture of king kong as the icon and it still will revert to whatever is on the apps screen.

So what exactly do you want to do?

PIN/ID
    303721d5

Also, you wanna make sure you are editing the .cp file (the composer file) and not the svg. You can actually open up the svg file in composer, but it will come out all kinds of screwed up.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by holster27 View Post
    Well, there are two ways to answer this problem. That will depend on what you are exactly trying to do. Are you wanting custom images, but still have the icons be user defined, or are you putting custom images and wanting to change each icon to a specific program (ie messages, calendar, etc).

The reason it is not working for you is because the svg is set to be user defined icons/programs, which means what ever is in the first 6 or however many slots you have on the apps screen is what the program and its icon is going to be. If you set it in composer as user defined, you could put a picture of king kong as the icon and it still will revert to whatever is on the apps screen.

So what exactly do you want to do?
    I would like to have custom images and still have the icons be user defined (based on the order in the Applications screen). Is there a way to achieve that?

Thanks.

Sorry, a small clarification: I would like custom icons on the homescreen pointing to the apps (the first 10) in the app screen, WITHOUT changing the icons in the Applications screen. So ideally there would be one set of icons for the homescreen and another for the Applications screen. But the launch destination for the icons on the homescreen should be user defined according to the order of the programs on the apps screen.

Hope that's a little clearer.

Thanks.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    I would like to have custom images and still have the icons be user defined (based on the order in the Applications screen). Is there a way to achieve that?

Thanks.

OK, here is what you have to do. After you open the composer file, change all the icons to a specific program instead of user defined, doesn't matter which one, you can make all of them messages, won't matter. Then change your images to whatever you want them to be. Reexport the svg to a new name. For easiness, don't change any of the names of the buttons. Or their positions unless you know how to edit the code. Now, open up the svg in notepad, or notepad++ or whatever, and scroll all the way through it until you come to your first "load scene", though there may be some subtle differnces, it should look something like this -

After you come to your first one, make sure it is for Theme Button 1, or whatever the name of the first icon is, then you want to change "net rim bb . . . " to "slot0" which represents the first slot on the apps screen. Then scroll down to the next and replace it with slot1 which represents the 2nd slot, and so on. This is how you can accomplish custom images for user defined icons.

Don't forget to copy and paste the code from the original j scroll svg into your new one.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info, Holster27. This solved my main problem, which was getting the homescreen icons to link to the programs on the app screen. Could you also please tell me which portion of the original jscroll svg I have to paste into the new file?

Thanks again!

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    It will be all the way towards the bottom of the svg, there will be 10 lines of code that all begin with

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    sorry, if that didnt show, starts with animate transform . . . and references theme buttons 1 - 10 consecutively and stops before the last /svg tag.