Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know what program to use and all but where do ya'll come up with ... Software & Theme Development forum

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Creating a theme...question

Advertisement

I know what program to use and all but where do ya'll come up with the graphics? I tried to make a theme for myself and just used graphics from a free MSN site. I would love to start creating them to keep me busy while hubby is gone but I really don't know where to start. I have taken off the program because I got frustrated at my themes not looking good, plus my laptop died and I am using my hubby's laptop for now. Any suggestions?
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~What do you mean "graphics?"

Icons can be found all over the web (pixelgirl, freeiconsweb, etc.) or a simple google search for free png icons. You do have to resize them though. Cherri has a very thorough how-to for resizing icons using gimp.

As far as images, or wallpapers google is my friend with that as well. Happy hunting!

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Thanks! I will start looking into it! So any png file will work? Just need resizing?

What about the icon for the battery and such? I noticed one theme on here had like a round meter for it. Same process for that too?
    Last edited by TNgal22; 03-27-2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: More questions...LOL
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yup any png icon will do the trick. I can't get you the link for cherri's how-to cause im out and about.

As far as battery and signal meters, there are some for download here on the stacks as well. Some people make their own but im not there yet, lol.
    Do a search for "theme builder goodies" in the downloads section

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Thanks!!! I have looked at Cherri's site and she is good!

Since work is boring, I will look around. Thanks again!

Oh, sorry for the noob questions but I have never done anything like this before so this is new territory for me.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Well errbody starts off knowing nothing so don't be afraid to ask any questions at all. I was in the same position you're in, lol. By the way it gets very frustrating indeed, I've thrown away 20 themes cause they just didn't look good. The only way of getting around downloading ugly themes was to make my own. So do it!

PIN/ID
    just ask
    LOL! Thanks! Yeah I made 2 or 3 right after I got my BB but they were not very good so I gave up. But I really want to try and learn more about it.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Another question...

Say I found an icon that I would like to use as a battery meter. Is there a way to make it work? Or does it have to already look like a meter?
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Good question. Battery and signal meters aren't icons, because they have to change states. Like, low battery would look different from full battery but it would be the same image. That I can't really explain but no, you can't use an icon for those sorry. Page 37 of the plazmic help file tells ya all about it and even I don't get it. You can pin me 2411063b if you ever have any other questions that I can possibly help you with if you don't find it here.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Ok, thanks! That does make sense.

I saw on on the 8100 CSI theme that was neat (corner meters). I will have to download the goodies when I get home and see what is there. Then go from there. I am going to try to make a theme for my friend first, she is a new aunt so it will be revolved around her niece.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Cute! Well your heart is in the right place. Rock on TNgal

PIN/ID
    just ask
    She is excited so I hope it turns out good!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Ok, I have my layout pretty much but need to tweak it some more.

What I would like to know is there a way to change the color of the signal meter and battery meter? The style is fine but would like to change the color. I have downloaded the goodies but it is not what I am looking for. I have looked at different sites but I just want to change the color. HELP!!! I am sure I have other questions but they have left me. LOL
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    you go to the samples inside the CDK contents in program files (the catalog) and open up the meters in something like gimp or photoshop to change the colors.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Thank you! I will try that!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast