Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

ahhh 2nd link, the java SE downloads link, there are about ten options for me ... Software & Theme Development forum

hollyxdolly no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

ahhh 2nd link, the java SE downloads link, there are about ten options for me to download from? which do i want? lol

thasweetone27 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    askme; )
    hey im sorry but do i download everything on the java verison 2 page???
    bebe

thasweetone27 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    askme; )
    How do u post a new theme? I finally created one! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RoLYroLLs no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

Hi All! Had a BlackBerry for about 3 years now, and I'm now interested in makin gmy own themes for my own personal use as well as share my creations with others.

I've read evey post in the thread, and one person actually had my question, but not yet answered.

Here's what I've done, I got the latest version of PTB (v.4.0.0.24) which is part of Plazmic CDK v4.6 and I've got the Simulator for my phone 8310 OS v4.5.0.55.

I have created the ALX files and successfully loaded them into my BB using Desktop manager. The problem I am having is OTA installation. I exported the files to a seperate folder in JAD format and posted the folder on the web (mobile.rolyrolls.com). I have a page with one link pointing to the JAD file, which has all the other COD files created (mobile.rolyrolls.com/cayman_zen/JAD/320x240/)

The problem is on my BB Browser I keep getting a Page Not Found message. I tested the link on my PC with IE and it worked asking to download the file. What am I missing? I think I might be missing an APP to "read" the jad/cod files (which I read something short about that, I'll read more after posting). But if that is true, how is it that I can download other themes from others without it? How do other's post their Themes on the web for other to download OTA?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RoLYroLLs View Post
    Hi All! Had a BlackBerry for about 3 years now, and I'm now interested in makin gmy own themes for my own personal use as well as share my creations with others.

I've read evey post in the thread, and one person actually had my question, but not yet answered.

Here's what I've done, I got the latest version of PTB (v.4.0.0.24) which is part of Plazmic CDK v4.6 and I've got the Simulator for my phone 8310 OS v4.5.0.55.

I have created the ALX files and successfully loaded them into my BB using Desktop manager. The problem I am having is OTA installation. I exported the files to a seperate folder in JAD format and posted the folder on the web (mobile.rolyrolls.com). I have a page with one link pointing to the JAD file, which has all the other COD files created (mobile.rolyrolls.com/cayman_zen/JAD/320x240/)

The problem is on my BB Browser I keep getting a Page Not Found message. I tested the link on my PC with IE and it worked asking to download the file. What am I missing? I think I might be missing an APP to "read" the jad/cod files (which I read something short about that, I'll read more after posting). But if that is true, how is it that I can download other themes from others without it? How do other's post their Themes on the web for other to download OTA?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi and Welcome

I'm glad you made your first theme and got it all ready. First that Jad folder you created has a few options for you to post it here or create a link for it if you wish. You can email Cherrichiodo who's an Moderator at the site. She will host your "Jad Files" of course you have to email them to her in a "Zip" format; no zip then "rar". Once she receives the files she will then reply with the links for your theme. Or you can also host your own files by opening a "free" account at this site provided in this thread; read it, it's very helpful. link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._themes-95031/

Here are the guidelines for posting themes here as well if you decide to do so. Link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._themes-64642/ Best of luck and don't be shy ask away. People here are very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Hi and Welcome

I'm glad you made your first theme and got it all ready. First that Jad folder you created has a few options for you to post it here or create a link for it if you wish. You can email Cherrichiodo who's an Moderator at the site. She will host your "Jad Files" of course you have to email them to her in a "Zip" format; no zip then "rar". Once she receives the files she will then reply with the links for your theme. Or you can also host your own files by opening a "free" account at this site provided in this thread; read it, it's very helpful. link: blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f28/an_idiots_guide_how_to_host_your_own_ota_themes-95031/

Here are the guidelines for posting themes here as well if you decide to do so. Link: blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f30/theme_builders_guidelines_for_posting_new_themes-64642/ Best of luck and don't be shy ask away. People here are very helpful
    Thank Raton.

Apparently that helppped a bit but not completely. While it explains everything I have done so far for hosting it myself on my own site, I also found another post with more information of self-hosting. The problem is It focuses more on linux-based hosting servers. I am hosting on a whidows server environment and am currently looking for a solution. I have not yet search for one as I wanted to reply to you.

If anyone already knows how your knowledge will be greatly appreciated. If I find out by then, I'll post my results.

Thanks.
    - RoLY roLLs

Ok i found it! Here is how you host jad/cod files on Windows IIS Server goes:

You will need to access Internet Information Services and right-click on Web Sites and select properties. Select the HTTP Headers tab and click on MIME Types. Here you will add two MIME Types:

Extension: jad
    MIME type: text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor

Extension: cod
    MIME type: application/vnd.rim.cod

You may need to restart IIS once you've added the MIME types. Open the command prompt and type in "iisreset" (minus the quotes).
    Credit goes out to Huy Nguyen at link (firepowr.net/index.php?entry=entry081206-151855)
    - RoLY roLLs

tigercrazy718 no está en línea Stack level 1
    im guessing you cannot create themes on macs huh?

carriecarmull no está en línea Stack level 1
    i don't want to create themes, i just want to be able to use the ones here on my 7100i. do i have to download all that stuff to get the plasmic theme reader?

beautifulrose no está en línea Stack level 2
    can someone please help! i have d/l Java Machine Software,Java 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0, and now or have d/l Plazmic Content Developer's Kit v4.1, okay but i am having trouble what is it that i install Blackberry Java Development Environment 4.1. when i click the link all i get is this http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/javaappdev/ its nothin really just like a help guide or something...What else is missin to download

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    This thread is so ancient. You don't need any of it just download plazmit tool kit 4.6 or 4.7 depending on what devices you wanna make themes for.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789