Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there a way to make the icons scroll from left to right by scrolling ... Software & Theme Development forum

black mamba no está en línea Stack level 1

Couple of questions

Advertisement

Is there a way to make the icons scroll from left to right by scrolling the trackball left to right? I'm trying to make a custom L theme but I can only make them move from left to right if I scroll up and down. Also, how do I remove the little clear things under my icons on the homescreen?
    Attached Images Attached Images

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    to your first question, no you cant, and to your second....there is a focus tab box or underlay box or something on the homescreen page, make sure you uncheck it
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

black mamba no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've seen some custom themes where you are able to do this. Did the maker of those themes use another program to do this?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    ok to make the selector scroll left to right you need to remove the "focus icon" on the "Banner icons page" the one that has the option to reposition the banner icons.

after you do that it will scroll left to right.
    and if you have an image manipulation program (such as the GIMP) you can make an image that is the size of the image that you are trying to replace and just make it a transparent image.
    (I hope that made sense)
    say the icon is 58x36 just make a transparent image that is 58x36 and replace your icon with the transparency and it will show up like there is no background.

if you don't have something like photoshop or the gimp get the GIMP it's free and AWESOME!!
    http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...irror=internap
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    ok to make the selector scroll left to right you need to remove the "focus icon" on the "Banner icons page" the one that has the option to reposition the banner icons.

after you do that it will scroll left to right.
    and if you have an image manipulation program (such as the GIMP) you can make an image that is the size of the image that you are trying to replace and just make it a transparent image.
    (I hope that made sense)
    say the icon is 58x36 just make a transparent image that is 58x36 and replace your icon with the transparency and it will show up like there is no background.

if you don't have something like photoshop or the gimp get the GIMP it's free and AWESOME!!
    http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...irror=internap
    hey that just gave me some good info too...but here is a stupid question.how do you make a transparent image?tks

ok... I don't know about photoshop but in the gimp
    you open a new file make it whatever size you want
    click on "layer", scroll down to "transparency", then to "add alpha channel"
    after that click
    "select" down to "select by color" (since the image you made should be white) click anywhere in the white and hit "del"
    the color is removed replaced by the transparent layer. save it and apply it to your theme.

works flawlessly I've been doing it for a while.
    like I said get the GIMP. it's very intuitive and really fun to mess with.
    (AND IT'S FREE sorry to shout but it is lol)
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Quote Originally Posted by black mamba View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've seen some custom themes where you are able to do this. Did the maker of those themes use another program to do this?
    lol sorry I misread your question. Course you can make it go left and right by scrolling left and right. After I read ^^ his answer I realized what you asked.
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

dude I love this forum the people here are so friendly!!
    so many other forums are populated by complete retards.
    I guess that's what is nice about the blackberry followers we all have intelligence in common.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    got to this point and got stuck
    "click anywhere in the white and hit "del""

ok... so when you select by color and click the white background it will select all of the white.
    when you hit delete all of the white will go away leaving you with a transparent slide.
    sorry if that does not make sense, I'm just going through it in my head.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    where is the delete option?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    sorry for hijacking but these questions may help everyone following this thread

no just the delete key under insert.
    (at least that's what I do)
    there is probably a delete option in one of those menu's but the delete key works
    hope this helps

PIN/ID
    wut?
    dang,i'm not even seeing the insert part

what do you mean? are you talking about the add alpha channel?
    it's under layer then transparency then add alpha channel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast