Can someone help me please im trying to convert some .jar files to alx so ... Software & Theme Development forum

tackdetack no está en línea Stack level 4

Convert .jar and .alx

Advertisement

Can someone help me please im trying to convert some .jar files to alx so i can run them on my pearl but im having difficulty. if someone could please help me out that would be great.

thanx
    -You don't need eyes to see, You need Vision.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Convert .jar and .alx

What converter are you using? If you can, get BSC Converter, in 3rd party apps. (free)
    It's pretty straight foward, just follow the prompts.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

tackdetack no está en línea Stack level 4

i cant find a link to BSC...
    if you know where i can find it, that we be great.

thanx alot
    -You don't need eyes to see, You need Vision.

empyrium no está en línea Stack level 1

Same here I am looking for this info as well

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

did you click any of the similar threads above this one? maybe they might be of some help?

fritzykadoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FB96F8

Try this thread for how to install .jar/.jad to the BB using a media card. ThisIMHO, is the easiest way.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...cod_files.html

I had downloaded the "BSC Jar to ALX Converter" from PinStack a few weeks ago but I can't find it on this site any more. If I do find it, I will definitely re-post the link. Good luck.

Fritz.

fritzykadoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FB96F8

Looks like the "BSC Jar to ALX" converter I had gotten was from another forum . I would post that link but I believe it is against forum policy to do so (besides, I pretty much only visit PinStack for all my BB needs anyway). If you really want the converter, PM me and I will send you the link. But, the media-card method is SO much simpler.

Fritz

metal666 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a solution that doesn't require OTA or any converting program.

I have a bb pearl and had the same problem because I didn't purchase the browser option. But I eventually figured it out.
    When you got your bb pearl, it probably came with the CD that you used to install the Desktop Manager. Well this version of Desktop Manager doesn't recognize (or whatever...I'm no computer wiz) JAD or JAR files. Both the Application Loader and the Media Manager can't, on all versions of the Desktop Manager thus far for the bb pearl (from what I've seen).

To the point (INSTRUCTIONS): As far as my knowledge goes, you can't use the Application Loader to install JAD and JAR files onto your phone. However, if you download the newest version of the Desktop Manager from blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do you can use the Media Manager to download them instead.
    In the drop-down menu, you'll see "Blackberry Desktop Software v4.3"
    Select it, and hit next. Proceed to download it.

After you do that, you can download an application (games, programs, etc) from a hosting site such as mobilerated.com (downloading both the JAR file WITHOUT unzipping it) and the JAD file to your computer).

Then, connect your bb pearl to your computer. Once it is done synchronizing (you may have to reconfigure the synchronizing application), open the Media Manager (not the Application Loader), and select your bb's Device Memory (NOT Media Card) in the bottom-left hand corner, right click, and create a new folder. Name the folder whatever you want (I called mine Applications). Then, just copy and paste your JAD AND JAR files into that folder (the bottom-right section of the window). It should prompt you with a window (I forget what it says). Click OK.

That is all you need to do on your computer; close the Media Manager.

Then on the bb pearl, select the Media application. You should be looking at a screen divided into four sections, containing ringtones, music, pictures, and videos. Then on that screen, press the Menu button (just to the left of the Trackball). You should see an option that says "Explore." Select that and click it. Then, open the "Device Memory" folder. There, you should see the new folder you created on the Media Manager, as well as four others (videos, pictures, music, and ringtones). Open the new folder. Inside you should see the JAD and JAR files you uploaded to your phone. Select the JAR (NOT JAD) file and click it. This should bring you to a page that gives a brief description of the application, containing the name, creator, etc. There should also be two buttons below the description: one says "Download" and the other says "Cancel." Select "Download." While it downloads, the bb may tell you that the application may not be from a "trusted source." Just click "Yes" (unless your application is from a sketchy website). The download bar will fill up, and when it's done, it should say "The application was downloaded successfully." Click "OK" or "Run" if you're just dying to play the game. If you clicked "OK," it should have taken you back to the list of JAD and JAR files.

Now if you go back to the desktop of your bb, and press the menu button for the list of applications, your program should be in there. Sometimes it will have an icon, sometimes it is just a black square-like icon. It doesn't really matter. You now should be able to run your application.

One last thing. If you chose to use mobilerated.com to download the application, take notice that in the top left corner of the window after you've opened up a game page, it tells you a bunch of information, including the distribution. If the distribution says "Full Version," you can download it, and not have to worry about anything. But if it says "Free Ad-Supported," then you must have the browser option on your phone to install it because it will ask to connect to the internet while you run the application so that it can present the Ads. Since I don't have the browser, I don't know what to do in that scenario.

Anyways, thats how you install JAD and JAR files onto your bb pearl.
    I don't use this website all that much, so if you try to contact me via this site, I most likely will not answer you.

Have fun,

Andy

paulbhandari no está en línea Stack level 1

where do i get the BSC jar to alx download?

paradox1027 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by metal666 View Post
    I have a solution that doesn't require OTA or any converting program.

I have a bb pearl and had the same problem because I didn't purchase the browser option. But I eventually figured it out.
    When you got your bb pearl, it probably came with the CD that you used to install the Desktop Manager. Well this version of Desktop Manager doesn't recognize (or whatever...I'm no computer wiz) JAD or JAR files. Both the Application Loader and the Media Manager can't, on all versions of the Desktop Manager thus far for the bb pearl (from what I've seen).

To the point (INSTRUCTIONS): As far as my knowledge goes, you can't use the Application Loader to install JAD and JAR files onto your phone. However, if you download the newest version of the Desktop Manager from blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do you can use the Media Manager to download them instead.
    In the drop-down menu, you'll see "Blackberry Desktop Software v4.3"
    Select it, and hit next. Proceed to download it.

After you do that, you can download an application (games, programs, etc) from a hosting site such as mobilerated.com (downloading both the JAR file WITHOUT unzipping it) and the JAD file to your computer).

Then, connect your bb pearl to your computer. Once it is done synchronizing (you may have to reconfigure the synchronizing application), open the Media Manager (not the Application Loader), and select your bb's Device Memory (NOT Media Card) in the bottom-left hand corner, right click, and create a new folder. Name the folder whatever you want (I called mine Applications). Then, just copy and paste your JAD AND JAR files into that folder (the bottom-right section of the window). It should prompt you with a window (I forget what it says). Click OK.

That is all you need to do on your computer; close the Media Manager.

Then on the bb pearl, select the Media application. You should be looking at a screen divided into four sections, containing ringtones, music, pictures, and videos. Then on that screen, press the Menu button (just to the left of the Trackball). You should see an option that says "Explore." Select that and click it. Then, open the "Device Memory" folder. There, you should see the new folder you created on the Media Manager, as well as four others (videos, pictures, music, and ringtones). Open the new folder. Inside you should see the JAD and JAR files you uploaded to your phone. Select the JAR (NOT JAD) file and click it. This should bring you to a page that gives a brief description of the application, containing the name, creator, etc. There should also be two buttons below the description: one says "Download" and the other says "Cancel." Select "Download." While it downloads, the bb may tell you that the application may not be from a "trusted source." Just click "Yes" (unless your application is from a sketchy website). The download bar will fill up, and when it's done, it should say "The application was downloaded successfully." Click "OK" or "Run" if you're just dying to play the game. If you clicked "OK," it should have taken you back to the list of JAD and JAR files.

Now if you go back to the desktop of your bb, and press the menu button for the list of applications, your program should be in there. Sometimes it will have an icon, sometimes it is just a black square-like icon. It doesn't really matter. You now should be able to run your application.

One last thing. If you chose to use mobilerated.com to download the application, take notice that in the top left corner of the window after you've opened up a game page, it tells you a bunch of information, including the distribution. If the distribution says "Full Version," you can download it, and not have to worry about anything. But if it says "Free Ad-Supported," then you must have the browser option on your phone to install it because it will ask to connect to the internet while you run the application so that it can present the Ads. Since I don't have the browser, I don't know what to do in that scenario.

Anyways, thats how you install JAD and JAR files onto your bb pearl.
    I don't use this website all that much, so if you try to contact me via this site, I most likely will not answer you.

Have fun,

Andy
    DUDE THANK YOU SO MUCH I DID IT AND IT WORKED CUZ I DONT HAVE THE BROWSER ON MY PEARL TOO I DID WHAT YOU SAID AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY. THE BSC WOULDNT WORK ON MY COMP SO THANK YOU SO MUCH THANK YOU. IT REALLY WORKS!! also is there a way to change the icons of the apps with the black spaces?
    Last edited by paradox1027; 09-01-2008 at 07:53 PM.