So I have to confess, I did the unthinkable, I purchased a theme In an ... Software & Theme Development forum

dr_devious no está en línea Themes Pro

Confessions and Disappointment of a theme developer

Advertisement

So I have to confess, I did the unthinkable, I purchased a theme

In an effort to understand and possibly design something similar, I bought "Flowberry" from Bplay. I have been playing with it for the last two days and here are my thoughts. It is a very well designed theme from an interface perspective. The coverflow design of course works really well with the trackball, and the buttons are nice. Beyond those components, it is all disappointing from there. Besides the coverflow(which I am trying to figure out how to do) the rest of the theme is very standard. It comes with "stock" Dimension themed hourglass, TX/RX data indicators, and menus. The information/status bar on top looks like a rookie designed it. We do better work here....for cheaper
    BlackBerry Themes:
    From your PC: www.socksinsideout.com
    From you BB: mobile.socksinsideout.com

Questions:
    Email me: sales@socksinsideout.com

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    $6.99 is reasonable price however I think I'd wait for the cheaper version. Don't get me wrong I love a great theme, but when I saw the theme in question on B-Play I noticed that homescreen was the only stand out part of the theme.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

dr_devious no está en línea Themes Pro
    I only paid 2.99

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The animation is the only thing going for the flowberry theme, the crossbar theme too.......there is so much more that you and some of the other themers do to customize the menus, banners, fonts, buttons, etc. that realy make themes special and unique.

Once you figure out how they get the left/right smooth scroll action in either direction as needed, everyone will be like bPlay who?....never heard of them! But I've heard of that theme Dr.!

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    that is very disappointing indeed.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

Maxx730 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31bf8ee1

I don't think I could ever buy a theme haha. That's why I started to develope themes. Personally I don't think those websites like Bplay have themes worth the price (no offense to them) but I think BB themes should always be free.