Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have recently gotten back in the game, and started back building themes, mostly for ... Software & Theme Development forum

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4

composer question

Advertisement

I have recently gotten back in the game, and started back building themes, mostly for the 8500 series curve (because I recently upgraded to an 8530 myself). I actually have made several great looking themes, but I wanted to do something a little different. Something more than just a "basic" theme, where I just use different icons, change the color schemes, etc (the BASICS). So I decided to FINALLY figure out how to build a "hidden" dock theme. My first attempt turned out ok, at least I was impressed. But now I want to get a little more in depth with it. I am still figuring composer out. So my question for the "Theme Gods" here at the Stacks is this. I want to build a theme similar to an "android" styled theme. Actually, to be more precise, a theme like my wife's HTC Hero. I want 4 icons (that I made) to be set at the bottom of the home screen. These icons will NOT be user customizable. And the only place, throughout the theme that you can find THESE icons are on the home screen. Then I want a hidden dock with 6 icons, completely different from any other icons throughout the theme, that are ALSO NOT user changeable. Then finally, 4 more user friendly icons that sit above the rest, and these are the icons that will be seen on the apps screen, etc (thought I would use my OS6 icons). You may have to have actually seen an HTC Hero to understand exactly what I am trying to explain, but my question is.....is this at all possible to create? And how many changes am I going to have to make to the SVG code to get it to work once I DO create it, in order for it to work? Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    What your talking about is not impossible but you will have to rewrite most of the svg to do it. Best way for your hidden docks is to make them on hotkeys to activate and deactivate (rise--fall whatever) here's a simple hotkey for you to use and get started.
    Uses the spacebar to activate or rise and the escape key to deactivate or fall. This all goes at the end of the theme BTW.

begin="accessKey( )" />

begin="accessKey(ESCAPE)" />

attributeName="transform" type="translate"
    to="0,-80" dur="0.5s"
    fill="freeze"
    begin="accessKey( )" />

attributeName="transform" type="translate"
    to="0,0" dur="0.5s"
    fill="freeze"
    begin="accessKey(ESCAPE)" />
    Last edited by boomermarkovich; 11-30-2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: update
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

Thanks! I'll play with it and see how it goes, lol! I have made thousands of themes, and NEVER once used composer until just recently. And when I tried my first hidden dock I was hooked! Thought to myself "hmmm, what ELSE can this thing do". Then my wife got her Hero, and I liked some of the attributes, and figured I'd try to do something like it with a Blackberry twist. I'm still new to all the "code" deal, but I've always been a fast learner. So Thanks again, and I'll see what I can come up with!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Looking forward to seeing your work, rif! Gotta get you going on the other devices as well! Lots of requests to be filled out there.

No problem dude. Thats a generic code and will work on all blackberries that are not touch. if you want you can send me your PIN in a PM and I can add you. Good luck.

Well now that I have gotten a few things figured out with the 8500, and seeing what the ones I have made so far have turned out to be, I'm thinking of playing around with the Bold, and Tour next. I have a lot of great ideas, and I have been away for a while, but I got the itch to get back building! Maybe later this week I may post a few of my simple 8500 themes.

Havoc65 no está en línea Stack Professional
    nice little tid bit there boomer with the code

whats up boomer?

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc65 View Post
    nice little tid bit there boomer with the code

whats up boomer?
    Thanks chris. Figured it's easier to help someone when you can give them a good step in the right direction. Haven't built any themes in awhile. Done some custom stuff for a few companies and some logo work. I see Roger threatened to beat you up also if you didn't come back? haha @Roger. Been teaching theme building more than anything. Conditions of my parole.

Havoc65 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by boomermarkovich View Post
    Thanks chris. Figured it's easier to help someone when you can give them a good step in the right direction. Haven't built any themes in awhile. Done some custom stuff for a few companies and some logo work. I see Roger threatened to beat you up also if you didn't come back? haha @Roger. Been teaching theme building more than anything. Conditions of my parole.
    lol yeah roger carry's that big stick which kinda scares me sometimes lol

Easy, fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Easy, fellas.
    Quick run!! It's the cops. Hey RIFRAF Gonna send you a pm with my pin. Got some other goodies for you to look at.

Just sent you a pm with my pin. And thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf2009 View Post
    Just sent you a pm with my pin. And thanks man!
    HAHAHAHA just looked at your profile DUDE!!! I mean Mrs. Sorry about the dude thing. hahaha

Hey, I call my wife dude.

Actually, it appears that rif is, indeed a he, not a she.
    Last edited by RogerG; 12-01-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast