Results 1 to 11 of 11

Ok, so after viewing Pinpoint's Flick n Slide tutorial I have figured out the basic ... Software & Theme Development forum

  1. #1
    micjenks's Avatar
    micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    81

    Question Composer Help!!!!!!

    Advertisement



    Ok, so after viewing Pinpoint's Flick n Slide tutorial I have figured out the basic of making the animated themes and have put a few of them on my site. What I can't for the life of me figure out is the crossbar type animation! The 4.6 software comes with a theme called jscroll including the svg and composer files. The composer file is obviously not complete because you cannot just re-export to svg and get it to work, whats the missing link can anybody help me?????

    Thanks

  2. #2
    KriK's Avatar
    KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    228
    First off what is this "Pinpoint's Flick n Slide tutorial"? Second I just resaved the SVG after editing it under a different file name and then opened it in Plazmic Theme Developer. (eg: file/ save as/ crossbaredit.svg/ then open Plazmic/ then open svg file in existing theme.)

    Didn't teach me to build one but now I'm trying to reverse engineer this one to see how it was done.

    If anyone has a better way or a step by step to making the cross bar style animation please help us!

  3. #3
    micjenks's Avatar
    micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by KriK View Post
    First off what is this "Pinpoint's Flick n Slide tutorial"? Second I just resaved the SVG after editing it under a different file name and then opened it in Plazmic Theme Developer. (eg: file/ save as/ crossbaredit.svg/ then open Plazmic/ then open svg file in existing theme.)

    Didn't teach me to build one but now I'm trying to reverse engineer this one to see how it was done.

    If anyone has a better way or a step by step to making the cross bar style animation please help us!
    Flick n Slide Tutorial
    http://www.dcrin3.com/bb45/FnS/plazmiccomposer.htm

    When you say edit the svg file wht did you edit it with?

  4. #4
    Sirthinks's Avatar
    Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Posts
    1,569
    You edit it with COMPOSER!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

  5. #5
    micjenks's Avatar
    micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    You edit it with COMPOSER!
    NO WAY!!!!!!!!! I realize this but I can't for the life of me figure out how to export and have it actually scroll in the theme! I have spent HOURS staring and clicking to no avail. The svg file works great but the composer doc that comes with it is seemingly incomplete because when exported it doesn't scroll. I would like to duplicate it for other models and move the placement on screen and can't until I figure this out.

  6. #6
    KriK's Avatar
    KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by micjenks View Post
    Flick n Slide Tutorial
    http://www.dcrin3.com/bb45/FnS/plazmiccomposer.htm

    When you say edit the svg file wht did you edit it with?
    Thanks for the link.

    In Composer I went to the folder where the plazmic themes are located and the crossbar.svg is also packaged with a crossbar.cp file.

    This is the Composer file so I just opened this file in composer and edited and then saved it as a svg file.

    This seemed to work for me but I only had a short time to mess with the editing... so I didnt' adjust it much.

  7. #7
    KriK's Avatar
    KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by micjenks View Post
    NO WAY!!!!!!!!! I realize this but I can't for the life of me figure out how to export and have it actually scroll in the theme! I have spent HOURS staring and clicking to no avail. The svg file works great but the composer doc that comes with it is seemingly incomplete because when exported it doesn't scroll. I would like to duplicate it for other models and move the placement on screen and can't until I figure this out.
    The reason it doesn't scroll is because you have to reset the navigation for this portion of the theme even if you have already tracked navigation before. I had this problem for about 30 of the most frustrating minutes ever! lol.

  8. #8
    Sirthinks's Avatar
    Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by micjenks View Post
    Ok, so after viewing Pinpoint's Flick n Slide tutorial I have figured out the basic of making the animated themes and have put a few of them on my site. What I can't for the life of me figure out is the crossbar type animation! The 4.6 software comes with a theme called jscroll including the svg and composer files. The composer file is obviously not complete because you cannot just re-export to svg and get it to work, whats the missing link can anybody help me?????

    Thanks
    Did you watch the whole tutorial without wanting to reach through the screen and choke the poop outta the guy?? I wanted to scream.... "GET ON WITH IT ALREADY" "Focus in Focus out focus in focus out......" INDEED!

    Granted.... There was a lot of good information in the tutorial. I am not a big fon of the theme.... But I learned a lot that will help with other themes.
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 11-27-2008 at 04:13 AM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

  9. #9
    micjenks's Avatar
    micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    81
    Yes I learned quite a bit from the tutorial, a great starting point!

  10. #10
    micjenks's Avatar
    micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    81
    So I guess the next logical progression here, is whether or not someone would be willing to sell this info? I am at the point the I would be willing to pay for some insightinto how to do these animations!

  11. #11
    tom1l21's Avatar
    tom1l21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15
    Does anyone know why you can't have more than 5 items? I tried doing 6 with device application order and it made the 6th icon the same as the first one

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •