I would like to know if its possible to change the icons of 3rd party ... Software & Theme Development forum

GILBY no está en línea Stack level 1

changing 3rd party app icons

Advertisement

I would like to know if its possible to change the icons of 3rd party applications. I'm using an iPhone theme with iPhone icons and certain applications (google maps, oz, brickbreaker etc) don't have matching icons and it kind of ruins the theme IMO. Any help would be appreciated.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    gilby, the current Plazmic CDK does not allow for customization of third party icons. i hope that future builds will allow you to change up .. but would be kind of hard on the front end, not knowing what apps everyone has

if you are cool with 'filing' the 3rd party apps, a solution that i use to make custom icon themes uniform, is to exit to homescreen, choose 'add folder' and see if the theme builder included a custom folder icon. if so, you can add this custom folder, and then drag/drop your third party icons into it ... and you have a uniform/organized theme

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hi gilby.

Try PMing jeffallen8, I believe he might know how to do this.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Cherrichiodo- can you elaborate a bit? Where exactly is this add folder option? Sorry if that is a newb question~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    gilby, from the home screen (where all the icons are) click menu (key to left of trackball) and choose add folder. from there, you can name it and actually choose a folder based on what you want it to be (RIM defaults are games/apps/etc) or ... if the person making the theme added a default folder custom icon, it will be there too as a choice. (i always make one for my custom themes) choose the custom folder icon (if it is available) for a new folder. then exit. then scroll to a third party icon (or even stuff like search, or manage wireless ... apps you don't use ALL the time) click menu again and choose move, then move it to ON TOP of your new custom folder and it will be filed 'inside'. i hope that makes more sense.

I don't have that option when I hit the menu key,only move/hide icon, show all, and switch application~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~