Hi all, I'm using the "today" theme for 83XX as a base for a new ... Software & Theme Development forum

chrisatlemon no está en línea Stack level 1

how can I remove application icon from today theme homescreen?

Advertisement

Hi all,

I'm using the "today" theme for 83XX as a base for a new theme. One thing I have not found how to do is:

How can I remove the "application" icon at the bottom of the first "home screen" - not the one with all the icons, just the topmost in the hierachy. I can add and remove "today applications" but the icon and link to "applications" at the bottom of the screen is there by default.

Similarly in the banner at the top, can I remove some of the little icons (bluetooth, new messages)? I don't see where.

And lastly, how can I edit those little icons in the banner area? They don't see to be found in any icons list (apart from the battery and network meter) and I really would like to change their look, not just where they are placed in the banner area!

Thanks for any tips!

Cheers

Chris

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    There is no way to move the default icons on today there they are put there by the creator of the theme you are using and specially the litle icons at the top for bluetooth abd date etc you can't move those around when a theme is created whoever creates the theme places them there no way around it. As for home screen icons only zen and a couple of other themes will let you do that but the today theme won't. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks Don

Actually in Today theme I can move them around! I just can't delete them! But within the banner they can be placed anywhere.

But I get your message, other than that it's in the themes's core and I can't do mucyh about it...

Thanks for the reply!

Chris

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    THere is no option to Hide the icon? usally there is.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Not the application icon. Ver 4.2.2 of the cdk does not allow you to alter or move the application button. All others can be moved/deleted/added during the theme making process.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Not the application icon. Ver 4.2.2 of the cdk does not allow you to alter or move the application button. All others can be moved/deleted/added during the theme making process.

DUH, I missed that we were talking about the App Icon. THanks Cherri ( hits self in forehead )
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Actually even though I can add/remove the SMS/MMS icon and shortcut on my 8310 it never shows. It only created a blank row on the home screen.

And for some reason the font which indicate which app icon you're hovering over on the bottom of the second home screen also does not change. All others do as told, this one always remains in the defult "Today" theme format - any ideas why?

Cheers

Chris