Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415

the links for the steps are old and thats fine.. im fairly good at looking ... Software & Theme Development forum

KrymsynDragon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    318AAAFB

Advertisement

the links for the steps are old and thats fine.. im fairly good at looking stuff up .. i need to know if i have the download the MDS and Email Simulator separately since they dont come together.. i want to try my hand at making themes since i LOVE my bb soooo much.. any and all help is appreciated.. thanks in advance :-)

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by KrymsynDragon View Post
    the links for the steps are old and thats fine.. im fairly good at looking stuff up .. i need to know if i have the download the MDS and Email Simulator separately since they dont come together.. i want to try my hand at making themes since i LOVE my bb soooo much.. any and all help is appreciated.. thanks in advance :-)
    I am not so sure that you still need that, I can't remember now, but I don't recall downloading those for my latest version, maybe I downloaded a long time ago and never needed them again, but you may not need them now.

dtorre75 no está en línea Stack level 1

Themes

i am new to this, how can i build themes for my blackberry curve 8900

hillhouse1987 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can you email me the software to make themes for my bb bold
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ok, I'm new to the theme building world, but after about an hour playing around with plazmic, I built a rather basic, but pretty cool theme. I exported it as an ALX file, but when I went to upload it to my phone using the desktop manager, it says no new apps for my device were found? I made sure I exported it for 4.3 os 8100. I have both the alx and the cod files, so what am I missing? I had to have done SOMETHING wrong? Any suggestions?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

liss0916 no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is REALLY helpful. Thank you sooo much.
    Just wanted to let you know that the links you have for the
    JDE v4.2.1 & for the MDS/E-Mail Simulator are not longer available; (i hope you don't mind) but I took the liberty to post the right links

MDS/Email Simulator link:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...18E8B2D&step=4

Blackberry JDE V4.2.1 link:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...23C2763&step=4

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post

Now lets get started building/editing Blackberry themes!

Step 1:
    Make sure you've already Downloaded the Plazmic Content Developer's Kit v4.2.2 for BlackBerry!

Step 2: Download Blackberry JDE v4.2.1

Step 3: Download Blackberry MDS/Email Simulator

Step 4: Download Blackberry Device Simulator

Step 5: (Also see: How-to: Plazmic theme builder):
    Edit themes (font size, colors, menus etc) then click 'Export'. Now save themes as *.alx and install using desktop manager.

**note** you will have to register for the blackberry developers program to be able to download the JDE

You can find more theme templates in our Theme Goodies area.

rosiemount no está en línea Stack level 2

Question

I'm trying to make themes using the latest Plasmic download but I only appear to be able to make them for the 8900 and I want to make them for the 8520 as well. The only device which shows in the dropdown box when creating a new one is the 8900. Can anyone advise on how to build them for other devices aswell?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm totally new to all of this

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by rosiemount View Post
    I'm trying to make themes using the latest Plasmic download but I only appear to be able to make them for the 8900 and I want to make them for the 8520 as well. The only device which shows in the dropdown box when creating a new one is the 8900. Can anyone advise on how to build them for other devices aswell?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm totally new to all of this
    are you sure you have plazmic 4.7 software. There is also a patch for the software that allows it to make tour themes, but i can't remember if it is also for 8520. Look for the update patch, that might be the key. I have that installed and I couldn't tell ya if it gave me the 8520, but i do know that i can make them for the 8520.

rosiemount no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the response. It looks as though the patch should do the job. On the drop down list there is now the 8500 series. My daughter is just building a new theme as I type so we'll hopefully be able to download this one successfully. If she makes any decent ones she can share I'll post them on the site.

Thanks again.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415