Ok, so I just picked one up today and figured that since the Curve 8900 ... Software & Theme Development forum

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E

BlackBerry Tour 9630 Themes?

Advertisement

Ok, so I just picked one up today and figured that since the Curve 8900 had the same screen resolution, I'd be able to use those themes on the Tour. Well, I don't believe I'm doing something wrong but neither an OTA or a DM install will allow me to see ANY other type of theme than the standard 2 themes that are preloaded. They INSTALL, as I can see them in the "Applications" menu through "Options" but they do not show up in "Themes"

Any ideas?

And yes, I posted it here because PinStack hasn't put up a BlackBerry 9630 forum yet.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 07-13-2009 at 04:10 AM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Best place to post until it has its own forum. I don't know if they will work or not but have you 1. Installed the devices OS to your pc and 2. rebooted to see if that fixes it. Seems to me if they load and show up then they should work but again I am not sure.

PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Best place to post until it has its own forum. I don't know if they will work or not but have you 1. Installed the devices OS to your pc and 2. rebooted to see if that fixes it. Seems to me if they load and show up then they should work but again I am not sure.

Yeah, I had to uninstall DM 4.7 because it would recognize but not really the Tour. So I uninstalled that, the software for my 8330 AND 8830. Then did a restart, fresh install of the DM 5.0 which comes with the Tour. No software for the Tour gets installed, which I thought was weird. But it worked, I removed some crizzlap from the Tour that I didn't need (like korean, chinese, etc) and installed the themes from there. Didn't work.

I also used a program to take an OTA link and download the entire contents. I put them on my formatted 2gig Media Card and tried an install from there like I've done on my 8830 and 8330, they install, but still won't come up.

I was told that the 8900 themes would work but I'm not sure they do. I have to find out what OS is running on the 8900, maybe that's the issue?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    None of the current themes are compatible with the tour yet, plazmic theme builder doesn't have the option to export themes to OS 4.7.1.xx wich is the tour OS., sorry for the bad news...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I can download 4.6 themes on the 5.0 OS on my 8900. That's a shame

PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    Yeah, that's what I figured. I don't design themes, though I'm going to try to start learning how. But I guess I'll just wait until the new designer software from Plazmic comes out now.

tina_twyman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30d4e1b6
    I just ordered the tour from sprint on line. Grafixx01- how did you get one already@! Jealous!

PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    I have Verizon Wireless and got one yesterday at the stores.

tina_twyman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30d4e1b6
    Ok.I have sprint. I received my email confirmation that my tour has shipped. I should receive it tomorrow. What are your initial thoughts about the tour? Any particular reason you went with tour & not the storm?

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by tina_twyman View Post
    Ok.I have sprint. I received my email confirmation that my tour has shipped. I should receive it tomorrow. What are your initial thoughts about the tour? Any particular reason you went with tour & not the storm?
    Yeah, just like you I have Sprint and they don't have the Storm! LOL
    .....or the bold, or the curve 8900, or the.........
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Please keep to the topic of the thread which is themes. If you would like to discuss more about your Tour please feel free to start a thread in the 9630 Tour section here. Thanks
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I can download 4.6 themes on the 5.0 OS on my 8900. That's a shame
    ~via smart phone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Yes you can because it is for the same device, and for higher OS! But the only 4.7 device is touch screen, at the moment there is no support for non touch screen devices, plus the screen resolution is not the same...