I believe I've finally came to a brick wall in my past time of making ... Software & Theme Development forum

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

BlackBerry Theme Development To A Standstill!!!

Advertisement

I believe I've finally came to a brick wall in my past time of making themes. No inspiration anymore, with all the new devices coming out and QNX right on their tails we developers won't be able to supply the Berry user with their cravings for new themes. We all know how long it takes RIM to come up with new software. Even as we speak 6.0 in not functioning to a satifactory level.

I believe even at my age it's time to dive into java and android development and see if there are any brain cells left to accomplish this task. This leaves me with the thought of what to do with my BlackBerry Site???

Just a ramble and thought of the day from PapaMag, most of you have heard it before.

Have a great day everyone, see you in the forums

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    " I believe even at my age it's time to dive into java and android development and see if there are any brain cells left to accomplish this task"

I'm saddened and overjoyed at the same time.
    I will encourage you and offer any testing services you may require.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Thanks Jay I'll keep that in mind if I'm smart enough to get that far

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    I believe I've finally came to a brick wall in my past time of making themes. No inspiration anymore, with all the new devices coming out and QNX right on their tails we developers won't be able to supply the Berry user with their cravings for new themes. We all know how long it takes RIM to come up with new software. Even as we speak 6.0 in not functioning to a satifactory level.

I believe even at my age it's time to dive into java and android development and see if there are any brain cells left to accomplish this task. This leaves me with the thought of what to do with my BlackBerry Site???

Just a ramble and thought of the day from PapaMag, most of you have heard it before.

Have a great day everyone, see you in the forums
    I know what you mean. I've already started looking into taking a java coding class myself, but wonder if its even worth the time, money, and effort.

But since RIM seems to take everything at the pace of a herd of turtles, hopefully we won't have to worry about this for a while
    At least I HOPE we won't have to as I really do enjoy making themes, even if at times it makes me want to rip myself bald-headed LOL!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info