I am having a problem with the themes now though, i keep getting a java ... Software & Theme Development forum

dwnocturnal no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 7105t

Advertisement

I am having a problem with the themes now though, i keep getting a java illegal.lang error whenever i try to apply them and any plazmic theme i download i am not able to see, exact error message is:
    Uncaught Exception:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

this is even when i try to load the Pixelzion theme from RIM's wap site.

know any fixes? i've made sure permissions are set to allow and i have the reader installed.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Blackberry 7105t

Try a hard restart (pulling the battery for 10 seconds). If that doesn't work, you might have to do a backup, wipe, and reinstall of the O.S.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Make sure you are trying to load a theme made for your phone...I have done this one before. Also I am guessing you already loaded the theme reader to the BB.

Restart should help..... hopefully... let us know
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blbeach no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

I had this same exact problem. The problem is in the desktop manager, when you load 4.1 it seems to be restoring some of the old 4.0 stuff in there. I had to delete completely all of my old 4.0 backups and all of the older 4.0 firmwares from my pc, and remove the desktop manager as well. I had to wipe the handheld, too, using the "javaloader -usb wipe" command. Then reinstall the desktop manager, and make sure that the only thing showing in the application loader in the 4.1 firmware. Now load the firmware. After you load the 4.1 firmware, you will see the hourglass spin for about 10 - 15 minutes, this is normal. After you get that loaded, you can reload your applications and the plasmic theme reader and it should work fine. Mine did anyway. I also installed the Zen theme at the same time as I did the 4.1 upgrade. Everything works great now.

dwnocturnal no está en línea Stack level 1

kool, thanks guys, i have tried the restart and removing everything, but i hadnt tried removing the 4.0 stuff off of my pc, i will try that and what you said blbeach and see how it goes, thanks everyone.