I have a copy of the Plazmic 4.6 CDK and have all the icons for ... Software & Theme Development forum

ebishop no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Bold icons

Advertisement

I have a copy of the Plazmic 4.6 CDK and have all the icons for the BB Bold, I have been trying to convert them to the right sizes so I can make a theme for my BB Pearl 8100 but I can't ever seem to get them right. Since the folder size for all the icos is over 1.3 meg I can't put them up here but I was wodering if some other theme builders would be willing to work something out with me. I was wanting to see if someone could resize all the icons and then we could all use them for our beloved pearls to create icons. Anyone willing to help a guy out please PM me and I hope there are some takers on this since the icons are so cool!!

Thanks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

What size are they now? I have a tutorial in this section on how to resize icons using gimp.

MonkeyBizIU no está en línea Themes Pro
    The Bold icons are 80x80. The standard size for an Icon theme is 60x55 and the standard size for a regular theme is 48x36.

You can throw them in to Photoshop and rescale all of them.

Most are 80x80 or 60x60 pixels in PNG format and all have some degree of transparency to them so it's not that easy to shrink the image to 48x36 or 60x55 like they need to be. I have tried resizig the image as it is on it's transparent background then cut/paste it into a new image that has transparent background and is the size I need but it don't alsways work out right for whatever reason and it's taking forever!! any help is more than appreciated.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    making icons (and meters) are the hardest and most tedious part of theme making.

you have to be patient and have a good eye as to what is legible and what isn't.

unfornately, a batch converter wouldn't work bc it would distort the image.

so you are trying to make the icons zen size? 48x36? you are doing it correctly...use a layer that is transparent, sized 48x36. then take the 80x80 icon and reduce it to something like 35x35. then drag (or cut/paste) the 35x35 image onto the 48x36 transparent layer. lock the layers and there ya go ... only 70 or so more icons to go

i made a new set of icons on sunday ... took me almost all day to make them.

Patience is a virtue I guess....... thanks for the help

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have had some luck using the desaturate feature in gimp resizing and bringing the color back but as Cherri says it is a very time consuming effort specially if you are doing a whole set. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't depends.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

aclayej no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm also having the same issue as the thread starter. I have all the orginal Bold icons in png format. But when I try and open them up in Photoshop they get distorted.

Here's some screenshots to show you what I'm talking about:

Here's what they look like to start with:

And here's what they end up like in PS:

So, there's no way to even try to resize them if PS messes them up like this. Any help?

One last question, what font (Mainly the clock) does the Blackberry Bold use?

BTW: Here's the icons for anyone that wants to try:

Bold: http://www.fileqube.com/shared/TUhGnch113066
    Kickstart: http://www.fileqube.com/shared/GlyRlQw113067
    Last edited by aclayej; 09-25-2008 at 02:04 PM.