Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have went and read the PDF that comes with Plazmic theme builder and composer, ... Software & Theme Development forum

xotan no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Battery and Signal Meters

Advertisement

I have went and read the PDF that comes with Plazmic theme builder and composer, and I understand the concept of making the bettery I have 2 rows of 12 images for the batter and 1 row of 9 for the signal. I just dont understand how to make these multi-stage images or composite images.

I have read around and searched and I cannot find a how to on actually putting together the composite images. If I am mistaken my appologies, and if you could direct me to a link that would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    I can't help you but I would love to see em!
    **Ashmee**

Yeah, I have searched for them for a while now... and people kinda talk about making them but never actually point out the way to link all those images together... I'm pretty decent in photoshop. I just dont know how to make staged images.

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    yeah I always wonder the same thing....maybe find someone who has battery meters posted on here like lucky13 and email that person asking them...thats what I would do but I'm not a wiz at photoshop...I get too impatient well good luck.
    **Ashmee**

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Ask Cherrichiodo, she would probably know. She had some custom meters on some of her themes. If you do find out, please post here. I would also like to know how to do it.

red_5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Is there a site that has some meters images to download? I'm trying to build a perfected iPhone theme here :-)

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by red_5 View Post
    Is there a site that has some meters images to download? I'm trying to build a perfected iPhone theme here :-)
    Go HERE to download free battery meters and signal meters. They are down at the bottom of the page.

jtekt no está en línea Stack level 2
    you said you are pretty decent in photoshop right?

well all you have to do is make a separate .png file of the battery meters and signals that you made. Then, for the battery meters open a new .psd file and place the .png files of your created battery meters next to each other similar to what you see in the examples give in plazmic. Do the same for your signals and save them as .png files. then, when you open these up in plazmic, it should work just like any other image set.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    "Composite images
    The BlackBerry themes contain several elements for which a single static image is not sufficient. Some images must visually represent different levels, or states. For example, the battery power indicator displays how much power remains in the battery; this indicator must visually convey the battery power level, from 100% to 0%. The image must also show the increase in the battery power level as the battery charges. In addition, you must include an indicator for cases when the BlackBerry device is unable to determine the battery power level. Instead of specifying a separate image for each state, the Plazmic Theme Builder manages these elements by using composite images. Composite images are made up of a number of component images that depict every possible state for a given element. To create a composite image, you create each component image, then assemble and save them as a single image. You must assemble the component images so that the Plazmic Theme Reader on the BlackBerry device successfully displays the correct image for a given state (see the table below). Component images can be of any dimension; however, each component image within these images must have the same height and width. To determine the correct dimensions of each image, the Plazmic Theme Builder takes the dimensions of the composite image and divides the width by the number of images per row, and the height by the number of rows. For example, the composite image for the wireless coverage indicator is made up of a single row of nine component images. Therefore, if the composite image is 10x180 pixels, then the size of each component image is 10x20 pixels."

Thanks for everyones reply You helped me out alot

PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by xotan View Post
    Thanks for everyones reply You helped me out alot
    heheh! you like?!

================================================== =======
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
    -
    1.) Draw one full battery.
    2.) Duplicate that one battery twelve times, in a single line.
    3.) Pixel Color the first 2 battery icons red. Using an icon program preferably.
    4.) Start erasing the extra pixels inside the batteries based on the percentage of energy left.

eg. For 50% battery, you want the battery half full. For 10%, you want the battery icon left with little juice(pixels).
    -first battery is empty, last battery is full with a "?"

5.) Now duplicate the entire twelve icons to create a second row.
    6.) Save
    7.) Start a new project, create a small bolt or an object that represents a charge icon.
    - Make sure it is small enough to fit the same height as the battery icons.
    8.) Copy that object, paste one by one onto the bottom layer/row you made.

Test your creation on theme builder, if it does not work try resizing the entire battery banner.

I won't lie to you, it will take several tries before you get a working banner. Practice!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pinpoint; 10-06-2008 at 12:56 AM. Reason: yeah...
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

irombeach no está en línea Stack level 3
    thanks pinpoint, here my signal/battery/wifi meter made thanks to your help...
    Claudio
    Attached Images Attached Images

PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Not bad! Did you get a chance to try them out on theme?
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

irombeach no está en línea Stack level 3
    Take a look to my snoopy christmas theme in the sesonal theme section. Bye~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me.
    nice! spread the word. We need to burst the theme world wide open for everyone!
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast