Results 1 to 12 of 12

From time to time I will color icons for a theme and with GIMP not ... Software & Theme Development forum

  1. #1
    JavaBratt's Avatar
    JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    548

    Question Batch edit image color?

    Advertisement



    From time to time I will color icons for a theme and with GIMP not having a batch edit option, I have to do each image one by one. Obviously this is very time consuming as well as frustrating. So I started looking into it and discovered you need an add-on for GIMP which will add a batch edit option.

    I did find and install an add-on for GIMP this morning which claimed it could perform this task, however, the only batch options are to rename, resize, etc. Unfortunately there is no option to add color ("colorify") aside from turning all images gray.

    So does anyone know how I can batch edit images for my themes using GIMP so I can add color? Or perhaps know of a free program I can install easily that I can accomplish this task with (and preferably without having to add a ton of programs, add-ons etc)?

    Thanks in advance to those who reply!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

    Theme Support Info

  2. #2
    PapaMag's Avatar
    PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Posts
    5,722
    I have never had any luck with trying just what you discribed I us able batch converter for all my coloring and batching. There is a free version as well as a pro version

    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color







  3. #3
    JavaBratt's Avatar
    JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    I have never had any luck with trying just what you discribed I us able batch converter for all my coloring and batching. There is a free version as well as a pro version
    I found it, but the only thing it says about a free version is that it's a trial. Won't it expire after a certain amount of time? :-s
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

    Theme Support Info

  4. #4
    PapaMag's Avatar
    PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Posts
    5,722
    Probably so I'm just saying it's a good one not sure what it is selling for now I've had it for quite some time

    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color







  5. #5
    PapaMag's Avatar
    PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Posts
    5,722
    You can also batch in PhotoShop but I've found it to be a bit more limiting to my coloring option likings

    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color







  6. #6
    PapaMag's Avatar
    PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Posts
    5,722
    I have tons of icons I have batched you are welcome to any of them let me know a color you are interested in and I will put it in your ftp folder for your use, or I can add everything I got and you can pick and choose hehe ( the benefits for linking to my host lol ) 67000 files it will take awhile but it's on it's way. This is everything I have compiled for the past 5 years I think. You can delete anything you don't like or won't use
    Last edited by PapaMag; 08-16-2011 at 01:52 PM.

    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color







  7. #7
    JavaBratt's Avatar
    JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Probably so I'm just saying it's a good one not sure what it is selling for now I've had it for quite some time
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    You can also batch in PhotoShop but I've found it to be a bit more limiting to my coloring option likings
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    I have tons of icons I have batched you are welcome to any of them let me know a color you are interested in and I will put it in your ftp folder for your use, or I can add everything I got and you can pick and choose hehe ( the benefits for linking to my host lol ) 67000 files it will take awhile but it's on it's way. This is everything I have compiled for the past 5 years I think. You can delete anything you don't like or won't use
    The program is only $35 for personal or $70 for business. As for which I would need, I have no clue. I technically don't have a "business", but I would be using the images for commercial purposes I guess, so that's questionable. That stuff always confuses me LOL! I know, shocker right?

    I think I will go ahead and try the trial version to see what its like the next time I start a theme. But thanks for your offer to share your images. I'll check out the trial soon and get back to you. I kind of enjoy playing around with stuff like that, so if its as good as it appears to be, I'll go that route before you go through all the trouble of uploading yours. But thanks again for the offer as it's greatly appreciated!! I'll keep you posted either way
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

    Theme Support Info

  8. #8
    PapaMag's Avatar
    PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Posts
    5,722
    The personal is what you need the business license is for distributing over several computers, do you want me to stop the upload I'm 10000 files into it lol

    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color







  9. #9
    JavaBratt's Avatar
    JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    The personal is what you need the business license is for distributing over several computers, do you want me to stop the upload I'm 10000 files into it lol
    Dang your fast! LOL

    Well since you're that far into it I guess you could go ahead and do that. I'd hate for you to go through all that for nothing. But again, dang you're fast LOL!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

    Theme Support Info

  10. #10
    PapaMag's Avatar
    PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Posts
    5,722
    may not be for nothing you might find a set in there you like and will save you some time

    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color







  11. #11
    Thyth's Avatar
    Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    273
    Try ImageMagick. It's an open source command line program designed for batch operations. You'll need to read the documentation to see if it is capable of precisely what you want, and what options to use.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

  12. #12
    JavaBratt's Avatar
    JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    may not be for nothing you might find a set in there you like and will save you some time
    Oh I'm sure it won't be for nothing I will make sure to sit down and take a look this evening. Thanks for doing that, as always, it is greatly appreciated!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    Try ImageMagick. It's an open source command line program designed for batch operations. You'll need to read the documentation to see if it is capable of precisely what you want, and what options to use.
    Thanks for the suggestion Thyth! I will make sure to check it out as well
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

    Theme Support Info

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •