From time to time I will color icons for a theme and with GIMP not ... Software & Theme Development forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Question Batch edit image color?

Advertisement

From time to time I will color icons for a theme and with GIMP not having a batch edit option, I have to do each image one by one. Obviously this is very time consuming as well as frustrating. So I started looking into it and discovered you need an add-on for GIMP which will add a batch edit option.

I did find and install an add-on for GIMP this morning which claimed it could perform this task, however, the only batch options are to rename, resize, etc. Unfortunately there is no option to add color ("colorify") aside from turning all images gray.

So does anyone know how I can batch edit images for my themes using GIMP so I can add color? Or perhaps know of a free program I can install easily that I can accomplish this task with (and preferably without having to add a ton of programs, add-ons etc)?

Thanks in advance to those who reply!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have never had any luck with trying just what you discribed I us able batch converter for all my coloring and batching. There is a free version as well as a pro version

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    I have never had any luck with trying just what you discribed I us able batch converter for all my coloring and batching. There is a free version as well as a pro version
    I found it, but the only thing it says about a free version is that it's a trial. Won't it expire after a certain amount of time? :-s
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Probably so I'm just saying it's a good one not sure what it is selling for now I've had it for quite some time

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    You can also batch in PhotoShop but I've found it to be a bit more limiting to my coloring option likings

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have tons of icons I have batched you are welcome to any of them let me know a color you are interested in and I will put it in your ftp folder for your use, or I can add everything I got and you can pick and choose hehe ( the benefits for linking to my host lol ) 67000 files it will take awhile but it's on it's way. This is everything I have compiled for the past 5 years I think. You can delete anything you don't like or won't use
    Last edited by PapaMag; 08-16-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Probably so I'm just saying it's a good one not sure what it is selling for now I've had it for quite some time
    You can also batch in PhotoShop but I've found it to be a bit more limiting to my coloring option likings
    I have tons of icons I have batched you are welcome to any of them let me know a color you are interested in and I will put it in your ftp folder for your use, or I can add everything I got and you can pick and choose hehe ( the benefits for linking to my host lol ) 67000 files it will take awhile but it's on it's way. This is everything I have compiled for the past 5 years I think. You can delete anything you don't like or won't use
    The program is only $35 for personal or $70 for business. As for which I would need, I have no clue. I technically don't have a "business", but I would be using the images for commercial purposes I guess, so that's questionable. That stuff always confuses me LOL! I know, shocker right?

I think I will go ahead and try the trial version to see what its like the next time I start a theme. But thanks for your offer to share your images. I'll check out the trial soon and get back to you. I kind of enjoy playing around with stuff like that, so if its as good as it appears to be, I'll go that route before you go through all the trouble of uploading yours. But thanks again for the offer as it's greatly appreciated!! I'll keep you posted either way
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    The personal is what you need the business license is for distributing over several computers, do you want me to stop the upload I'm 10000 files into it lol

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

The personal is what you need the business license is for distributing over several computers, do you want me to stop the upload I'm 10000 files into it lol
    Dang your fast! LOL

Well since you're that far into it I guess you could go ahead and do that. I'd hate for you to go through all that for nothing. But again, dang you're fast LOL!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    may not be for nothing you might find a set in there you like and will save you some time

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try ImageMagick. It's an open source command line program designed for batch operations. You'll need to read the documentation to see if it is capable of precisely what you want, and what options to use.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

may not be for nothing you might find a set in there you like and will save you some time
    Oh I'm sure it won't be for nothing I will make sure to sit down and take a look this evening. Thanks for doing that, as always, it is greatly appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    Try ImageMagick. It's an open source command line program designed for batch operations. You'll need to read the documentation to see if it is capable of precisely what you want, and what options to use.
    Thanks for the suggestion Thyth! I will make sure to check it out as well
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info