I'm working pretty hard on a new theme and the backgrounds seem to be giving ... Software & Theme Development forum

JakeHasABB no está en línea Stack level 2

backgrounds with plazmic 4.6

Advertisement

I'm working pretty hard on a new theme and the backgrounds seem to be giving me trouble. Unlike 4.5, as many of you have noticed, 4.6 allows you to have separate backgrounds for the home screen and application icons screen. I selected the same picture for both, when I changed it on my device and changed it back the home screen would switch just fine but the application icons screen wouldn't switch. I figured selecting 'default' would just show the home screen background (like it does with the lock screen) but it shows the default background with the road instead. Anyway to get this to work smoothly?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeHasABB View Post
    I'm working pretty hard on a new theme and the backgrounds seem to be giving me trouble. Unlike 4.5, as many of you have noticed, 4.6 allows you to have separate backgrounds for the home screen and application icons screen. I selected the same picture for both, when I changed it on my device and changed it back the home screen would switch just fine but the application icons screen wouldn't switch. I figured selecting 'default' would just show the home screen background (like it does with the lock screen) but it shows the default background with the road instead. Anyway to get this to work smoothly?

I'm a little confused, you said the lock screen is also locked to the same image as default? if you want to change the image from your device itself and wish to go back you have to go media>pictures> reset homepage and it should leave your apps as well as your homepage as you've imported it from plazmic in the first place. The lock screen, you have to hit on the image and select whichever image you prefer. Once the theme's exported there is no way one can change the image on the lock screen, no way. Only the theme developer can do so, not the user. When in theme builder be sure to do as i said above and you'd be able to change the images. let me know if you need further assistance.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

After I change my background from my device and I hit 'reset home screen' it will change the home screen image back to the theme background but the 'application icon screen' will remain the picture that I set as the background from my device. The only problem I'm having is the 'application icon screen' will not reset.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Have you tried a battery pull?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    the homescreen background and the appscreen background can be the same image, but have to have different names. are they the same when you make the theme?

Battery pull will reset it. I was just hoping there was an easier way so that if I ever wanted to post my theme people wouldn't have to deal with it.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Listen to Cherri. When loading the image on your homepage screen and apps screen with all the icons; be sure to have the same image but named differently as she just pointed out.

Yes, I use the same image for both screens.

Okay I will try that and report back. Thanks

Hmm, still refusing to reset with the home screen. It's not too big of a deal. I'll upload the picture to my phone so I can change it back when I want.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    one other issue .. are you running 4.5 on your device? and exporting to 4.2? or running and exporting for same? the different file names should work. but the alternate screens will ONLY work if you are running 4.5

running 4.5 for both.. the alternate screens will work but I don't want two different backgrounds. I would like the appscreen background to be the same as the homescreen background.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    you can keep them both the same, just rename them different. so you would have the same background named home.png and apps.png .. but both are the same background. i hope that make sense.