Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

raton, have you tried fooling it (like we had to with the 4.2 OS)? im ... Software & Theme Development forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Advertisement

raton, have you tried fooling it (like we had to with the 4.2 OS)? im willing to try and help ya'll out

djs, the default themes are stored in the blackberry.alx file that is loaded on the bb. (you can see it in all its glory by opening it up in notepad. its located in the loader files on your hard drive once you install the device OS.

djs8350i no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have not been able to locate a copy of the 4.6 os for the 8350i yet. I have the 4.7 DM installed and I still have the device os for my old 7520. I have looked on the blackberry site and on the sprint site for the handheld 4.6 os but I don't think it has been posted for download yet.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    That's correct Cherri,

I'm trying to do the same thing as we used to do for older OS's but this time one up (4.6) not working though. I guess we're gonna have to wait till the new CDK drops.

supportedHandheldOs = 4.5,4.6
    theme.preferredHandheldOs = 4.5
    theme.importOs = 4.2,4.3,4.5,4.6

I wonder if preferredHandheld has to also be set to 4.6

~we're trying to help ya'll 8350i users~ please bear with us

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by djs8350i View Post
    I have not been able to locate a copy of the 4.6 os for the 8350i yet. I have the 4.7 DM installed and I still have the device os for my old 7520. I have looked on the blackberry site and on the sprint site for the handheld 4.6 os but I don't think it has been posted for download yet.
    normal for RIM. usually an OS will drop within the first month of the device release.
    keep checking the bb site and here

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    That's correct Cherri,

I'm trying to do the same thing as we used to do for older OS's but this time one up (4.6) not working though. I guess we're gonna have to wait till the new CDK drops.

supportedHandheldOs = 4.5,4.6
    theme.preferredHandheldOs = 4.5
    theme.importOs = 4.2,4.3,4.5,4.6

I wonder if preferredHandheld has to also be set to 4.6

~we're trying to help ya'll 8350i users~ please bear with us
    don't think it would hurt anything. but are you changing those for the 83xx? just making sure.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yes, I am. I'm changing the custom properties under those of the 320x240

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yes, I am. I'm changing the custom properties under those of the 320x240

I don't get it, should work with no problem I guess I gotta change that preferred OS too. I'll try that next.

mrcleen88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4025ea24
    sorry raton, what i mean is that its in the phone and I can see the app in the advanvced options=applications, I can set the permissions but cany access it to be set as the theme, my phone is company provided is it possible they have some control that will not allow new themes to keep employees from spending 5$ for pay themes?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcleen88 View Post
    sorry raton, what i mean is that its in the phone and I can see the app in the advanvced options=applications, I can set the permissions but cany access it to be set as the theme, my phone is company provided is it possible they have some control that will not allow new themes to keep employees from spending 5$ for pay themes?

No need to apologize mrcleen88 . Your company has no control over themes being uploaded onto your phone. I've got all my coworkers using some of my themes and there are no issues. Now, your company may have control over the use of the internet usage you do. However, you can always download a zip file and then load it onto your phone. So, the problem at hand which we are trying to resolve is the exporting we do when we create a theme for the 83xx series. It seems that everything's the same in your phone with the other curves except for the only difference that you're running OS ver. 4.6.1... Therefore, I will try to export the previous test theme to 4.6.1 and see if it works.

05lariatPSD no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey Raton,

Something very strange to report. I went to the Sprint Software Store (via the app on the BB) and downloaded a theme from there.

The theme was through Handmark.com and after the install, I am unable to locate the theme.

It shows up in the desktop manager, but does not show up under themes on the BB.

Looks like the purchased themes don't work either?????

PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 05lariatPSD View Post
    Hey Raton,

Something very strange to report. I went to the Sprint Software Store (via the app on the BB) and downloaded a theme from there.

The theme was through Handmark.com and after the install, I am unable to locate the theme.

It shows up in the desktop manager, but does not show up under themes on the BB.

Looks like the purchased themes don't work either?????
    Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that o5lariat. The theme you purchased was it meant for your device? I mean, did it say 4.6 compatible for your device? If the theme is only meant for the 83xx series and it's 4.5 chances are that it won't work. That's why I'm running these tests to see what exactly needs to be done in order to avoid these sorta things. Can you ask for a refund? I'm sure if you explain to them what happened they'll be able to reimburse you for that theme. I think you guys are running version 4.6.1... correct? Hit these buttons for me or go to help and let me know what the App version says. It should read 4.6.1 something. Perhaps I could make the test file 4.6.1 compatible and not just 4.6

05lariatPSD no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can you ask for a refund? I'm sure if you explain to them what happened they'll be able to reimburse you for that theme. I think you guys are running version 4.6.1... correct? Hit these buttons for me or go to help and let me know what the App version says. It should read 4.6.1 something. Perhaps I could make the test file 4.6.1 compatible and not just 4.6

Raton,

I'm not worried about the refund. I'm sure I can get one. The point I was making was the site I downloaded it from was the site that Sprint directs you to from the BB. It doesn't say which software the download is compatible with.

Under options--> About on my BB, it says v4.6.1.83

Perk1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm willing to try
    Thanks

Perk1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Raton,
    I have downloaded it OTA and I used the zip file. I followed your directions, and it does not show up in my themes list. My DM is 4.7.0.25, and my OS is 4.6.1.83, I have rebooted following your directions card/sim/battery twice, and still nothing. It is in OPS/ADV/APPS, just won't go to the themes list.
    Thanks for your work, will be waiting for your next test.

juttin3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i believe this is the OS for the 8350i
    https: //w w w.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=C8ED21DB4F678F3B13B9D5EE16489088

i couldnt post the link exactly so just put the beginning together
    Quote Originally Posted by Perk1 View Post
    Raton,
    I have downloaded it OTA and I used the zip file. I followed your directions, and it does not show up in my themes list. My DM is 4.7.0.25, and my OS is 4.6.1.83, I have rebooted following your directions card/sim/battery twice, and still nothing. It is in OPS/ADV/APPS, just won't go to the themes list.
    Thanks for your work, will be waiting for your next test.
    Last edited by juttin3; 12-26-2008 at 01:04 PM.

Nexrad7526 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I need you guys using your 8350i to send me a PM for I am trying to resolve an issue for you.. It appears that you cannot upload the already vast themes created for 4.5. Please let me know if you wouldn't mind helping me test this fixing and also help other future 8350i users avoid this sort of problem. Thank you so much in advance.
    I've had my 8350i for a week now. Came across your post. What can I do to help? I like others have not been able to get any themes to load. I'm new so I cannot PMuntil I have 10 posts.

Paul

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast