Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I need you guys using your 8350i to send me a PM for I am ... Software & Theme Development forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Attention 8350i (theme testers needed)

Advertisement

I need you guys using your 8350i to send me a PM for I am trying to resolve an issue for you.. It appears that you cannot upload the already vast themes created for 4.5. Please let me know if you wouldn't mind helping me test this fixing and also help other future 8350i users avoid this sort of problem. Thank you so much in advance.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Great! let me know which of these themes (link below) would you like to try on your phone. Let me know so I can export it for your device for testing. I just wanna get that problem fixed for you guys with that device. Btw, you need to update your profile it shows no device in it... Please be sure your device is the new 8350i running 4.6.

Last edited by raton; 12-29-2008 at 10:47 AM.

05lariatPSD no está en línea Stack level 1
    Raton,

Wow!!! it's impossible to choose just one...They're all fantastic.

I am really looking forward to a Today theme, so that being said...Let's try the red_today theme in post #22.

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Okay I will export that "Today Red" when I get home. I will post it here. I think after 10 posts you can finally pm someone. So post away . Make your presence known and also update your profile. Welcome to the site

mrcleen88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4025ea24
    Im in let me know how to help ... I can try them both I cant pm yet ...need 10 post first and I'm not gonna spam just to p.m.

FragU no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'd be happy to help too... but like MrCleen I'm not willing to post for no reason. Let me know how I can help...

camopimpin no está en línea Stack level 1
    im down to try and help out

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Thank you guys I will post that 4.6 testing theme here just for testing purposes and see if you can load onto your phones. I couldn't upload it yesterday because my plazmic crapped out. I'm going to post it for both OTA and DM download. Thanks for your help. At the meantime you have you guys tried loading one exported to 4.5? for the 83xx series of course. Check out my themes in the theme download section and let me know. I will upload that 4.6 theme tomorrow. I hope it works this time around

Raton,

I have tried to install 2 or 3 themes for the 83xx 4.5. They show up in the download manager, but not on the phone.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by 05lariatPSD View Post
    Raton,

I have tried to install 2 or 3 themes for the 83xx 4.5. They show up in the download manager, but not on the phone.
    What do you mean by download manager? You mean desktop manager? Check the box if it's not checked and proceed by hitting next. Your device will restart and reconnect. Now, if the theme appears in your applications list and not in your themes list then do a hard reset by taking out your battery/sim card/ memory card and place them back in and reboot your bb. See if that works. But I will try and post that 4.6 theme again. I'm heading back home now. Should be back in app 1 hour

PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Lightbulb THEME TEST #1 For ****8350i USERS ONLY*****

Okay guys,

I need you to download the zip file and download the OTA file if you have a data plan if not (that's why I included the zip file for DM installation). I repeat this test is only for those who own a 8350i. If you're trying to download this theme and your device is not one DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT and ask me why it would not load on your bb. Anyway, my 8350i users please click on the link I have provided you here do not copy and paste just click on it. Second, if you download the zip file; you must unzip it and locate it in your documents/desktop/computer or wherever you like but be sure it's somewhere you can find so you can load it via Desktop Manager. Try using 4.5 or 4.6. Desktop 4.7's a bit buggy for me. Once you have loaded the theme and it does show up on your bb's application list and not on your themes list then this is what you do unplug the phone do a hard reset: once again: take out your memory card/battery/sim card and place them back in. Allow for your bb to reboot and then plug it into your pc, Open desktop manager again and go to application loader and see if the file is listed there; it should be. Now, if the box is not checked be sure to check it and then hit next then your bb will reboot again. (DO NOT UNPLUG IT) This is a test; please be patient. Okay, when your bb's fully powered on you may now unplug it and take a look in your themes list and see if you can find the theme you just loaded. The file's name is (RPM by Raton). apply it to your bb or if you have downloaded it via OTA and it still does not show in your themes file but it does show up on your applications list then follow the same procedures I've instructed you to do. It's fairly easy to do this just a bit tedious as it is still a test. The theme I had currently exported to 4.5 has now been exported to 4.6 and will hopefully work. (crossing fingers). I just want as many testers as possible as I do need more than one's results as people tend to follow directions differently. Please reply your results here. Remember, if it loads successfully and it's in your apps list do the hard reset and check with Desktop Manager and be sure the theme's checked and press next. Good luck guys. I'm gonna get some rest now lol. (graveyard shift )
    Last edited by raton; 12-29-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: removed zip file (just making room)

Raton,

I've followed you directions numerous times with the same results. The theme shows up in the app loader, it is checked.

The theme does not show up in the theme section or in downloaded applications on the BB. When the BB resets, it goes into an endless loop reporting app error 523 (reset) the only way to exit this loop is to connect to the desktop manager and remove the theme.

So it seems that the theme is causing the error 523.

I hope this helps with your testing as I am anxious to have a today theme on the BB (why they don't include one is a mystery of it's own!).

I must also extend a huge thank you for trying to get this done for us 8350i users!

mrcleen88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4025ea24
    Im have a similar result . while the theme loads (I can see it in options=adavnced settings=applications) I can not access it. I have all permissions set to allow any clue? and is it possible to reload os 4.6 if I have Issues? keep up the good work we'll get it!!! btw i installed the zip though dm.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I really don't understand why it wouldn't work guys . mrcleen88 what do you mean you can't access it? you mean like properties? Do me a favor open your DM and see if the box is checked if it appears in your apps list it might not be fully installed through DM. Try it and let me know

djs8350i no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have loaded the test theme OTA. It shows as installed in the options > advanced options > applications. I did a hard reboot (removed the battery, sim and transflash). The test theme does not show in options > theme. I also connected it to the DM and it showed in the application list with the box checked.

I have not been able to discover where the two default themes are stored on the device. They only show in options > theme but do not show as an installed application.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast