I spent nine straight hours trying to figure this out yesterday and so far another ... Software & Theme Development forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Question At wits end, please help with New Msg *

Advertisement

I spent nine straight hours trying to figure this out yesterday and so far another three today, so someone PLEASE HELP!

When making my home screen in composer I use the exact same images as I do in TB6 but for some reason the New Message overlay is getting cut off on the home screen and I can't figure out for the life of me why as it appears perfectly on the app screen. The images used are;

Tab Underlay 80x72
    Focus Icon Underlay 80x72
    New Overlay 68x68
    Icons 68x68

I have tried adjusting the sizes, using bigger icons, smaller icons, making the icons wider than tall (a suggested fix I used previously which now doesn't work for some odd reason) etc. The later of these makes it better as the * appears as it should when it first loads, but as soon as the icon is focused on, it cuts it off and remains that way.

I have tried everything I can think of and can't get the New Message * to appear with cutting off at some point. I brought another more experienced developer into this and he discovered he's actually having the same problem too and can't find a fix for it either

This morning I got frustrated enough that I imported all the above images into Composer to make sure the sizes weren't off and they're not as they line up perfectly. So I am guessing this has more to do with TB6 than Composer or anything that I am doing specifically, however, the problem doesn't occuevery timeme. In fact, I haven't had this issue at all until now, at least not with the standard size icons (I've only had this happen with mini icons).

Does anyone have any suggestions before I give up on OS6 theme completely?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaBratt View Post
    I spent nine straight hours trying to figure this out yesterday and so far another three today, so someone PLEASE HELP!

When making my home screen in composer I use the exact same images as I do in TB6 but for some reason the New Message overlay is getting cut off on the home screen and I can't figure out for the life of me why as it appears perfectly on the app screen. The images used are;

Tab Underlay 80x72
    Focus Icon Underlay 80x72
    New Overlay 68x68
    Icons 68x68

I have tried adjusting the sizes, using bigger icons, smaller icons, making the icons wider than tall (a suggested fix I used previously which now doesn't work for some odd reason) etc. The later of these makes it better as the * appears as it should when it first loads, but as soon as the icon is focused on, it cuts it off and remains that way.

I have tried everything I can think of and can't get the New Message * to appear with cutting off at some point. I brought another more experienced developer into this and he discovered he's actually having the same problem too and can't find a fix for it either

This morning I got frustrated enough that I imported all the above images into Composer to make sure the sizes weren't off and they're not as they line up perfectly. So I am guessing this has more to do with TB6 than Composer or anything that I am doing specifically, however, the problem doesn't occuevery timeme. In fact, I haven't had this issue at all until now, at least not with the standard size icons (I've only had this happen with mini icons).

Does anyone have any suggestions before I give up on OS6 theme completely?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!
    I finally found a solution to this issue, and also, this was for the 96xx series...

The only way I was able to get it to work without cutting off the New Message indicator * was to use 80x80 icons in composer and leave the stock 68x68 icons in TB. It didn't seem to have any effect on anything else, but the * now shows without any issues and as an added bonus, when I convert the theme to OS5 I can use the same Composer file without having to do another ;-)
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info