Anyone know how to make icons wrap on a JScroll style theme. I am sure ... Software & Theme Development forum

jtekt no está en línea Stack level 2

Question anyone know How to wrap icons on JScroll style svg.

Advertisement

Anyone know how to make icons wrap on a JScroll style theme. I am sure it has something to do with the code after you arrange things in composer.

I created my JScroll by setting the "focusin 0,0" of each button according to my spacing needs. I only changed the first number in the "0,0" and left the second as 0.

The scroll works fine, but as I get to the last item in the scroll (10 buttons to be exact) I am left with an empty dock as all of the other buttons have scrolled right off the screen.

Anyone know how to fix this? so that when the icons scroll off the screen in one direction, they will wrap back onto the screen from the opposite side

Any help or ideas you may have are greatly appreciated

no one has any ideas eh? Well, I am fervently working on this whenever I get the chance, so if I end up having any breakthroughs I will be sure to post them on here to share with my fellow pinstackers.

In the meantime, I have upgraded my PrecisionPlusHiddenDock9000 theme to include a JScroll of 10 applications. Will post later today once I get to work

pniko_07 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    stack
    Nice, can't wait to see it and hope you figure it out.
    Follow me @MacoDesigns

Check out more of my work HERE

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by jtekt View Post
    no one has any ideas eh? Well, I am fervently working on this whenever I get the chance, so if I end up having any breakthroughs I will be sure to post them on here to share with my fellow pinstackers.

In the meantime, I have upgraded my PrecisionPlusHiddenDock9000 theme to include a JScroll of 10 applications. Will post later today once I get to work

Yes, i can tell you, well, i can tell you how to not have that empty space, it won't wrap, but I can make it so you can't get an empty space. Depends on what kind of phone you have and how many icons you have, for example, let's say you have 10 icons to scroll through and its on a curve with a 360 pixel long screen. Instead of shifting your icons by the full length of the icon such as 48, or 80 like on the bold - take the amount of icons and divide that into the width of the screen. In the example i said, that would leave you a difference of 36. So instead of your code reading 0,0;48,0;96,0 - it would read 0,0;36,0;72,0;108,0; etc. and when you get to the last icon, you should be to the other side of the screen. Now if the "wrap" works, what will happen is that the icons will slide real fast back to the first one. REMEMBER - you are not actually scrolling the icons - you are moving the whole layer when you change the focus from one to the other.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by holster27 View Post
    Yes, i can tell you, well, i can tell you how to not have that empty space, it won't wrap, but I can make it so you can't get an empty space. Depends on what kind of phone you have and how many icons you have, for example, let's say you have 10 icons to scroll through and its on a curve with a 360 pixel long screen. Instead of shifting your icons by the full length of the icon such as 48, or 80 like on the bold - take the amount of icons and divide that into the width of the screen. In the example i said, that would leave you a difference of 36. So instead of your code reading 0,0;48,0;96,0 - it would read 0,0;36,0;72,0;108,0; etc. and when you get to the last icon, you should be to the other side of the screen. Now if the "wrap" works, what will happen is that the icons will slide real fast back to the first one. REMEMBER - you are not actually scrolling the icons - you are moving the whole layer when you change the focus from one to the other.

Hope that helps.
    Great stuff holster, this makes perfect sense. And when you mean wrap, I assume you are talking about changing the navigational settings in theme builder so that the last icons will switch back to the first and vice versa. Unfortunately, I don't think this will work for the current theme I am working on as I was hoping to have all the icons scroll from the middle of the screen. Here's a screenshot:

Currently, the navigation of the theme works perfectly as well as the hiddendock aspect of it. Still working on how to make the icons scroll. I think I may have to build it that way from the start through composer, kind of like the sample ring .svg file that comes with composer. I've been studying that lately, trying to figure it out. I think it may be the key to my dilemma

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Yeah, I have done the same kind of thing, and I ended up overlaying the icons with a dock that covered everything except for the focus area. And your right about the jscroll thing, but just make sure the dock is in its own layer.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~