The main module that I am using for my program has a cod size of ... Software & Theme Development forum

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Anyone have good tips on how to reduce cod size?

Advertisement

The main module that I am using for my program has a cod size of approx. 850k. I use many png images, however I made flattened versions of tose images to try to save memory. I tried to use bitmaps but my program uses layers and thus transparency so that didn't work out. Could anyone help cuz having an app 4 times the size of most apps is usually a bad thing.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Bitmaps are not compressed in any way, so if you are looking to minimize size, you would want to avoid bitmap resources.

PNGs utilize lossless compression to reduce image sizes (zlib/deflate), but depending on the image entropy, you might not get much of a reduction. If you're set on using PNG resources, you can try using a program called pngcrush (http://pmt.sourceforge.net/pngcrush/) which optimizes compression settings to create the smallest lossless PNG possible. That program, basically, tries all possible compression configurations for PNG images, and chooses the smallest.

You could also consider using a quantizing image storage format, like JPEG, but without knowing more about your application's use of image resources, I can't suggest anything more specific.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I'm trying to keep my app on the downlow for now until its nearer to its release but basically the whole gui is done using images. I used png because I need the transparent to layer some images on top of a background image. The bitmap files were smaller than the png files however. I will look into that program you suggested however and hopefully it helps thanks.