Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i was wondering if it is possible to add icons to the home screen? in ... Software & Theme Development forum

bourne no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Adding custom shortcuts to Home Screen

Advertisement

i was wondering if it is possible to add icons to the home screen? in order for me to see a list of missed calls i have to go to messages, then view folder, missed calls.

is it possible to add an icon just to show my missed calls?

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Adding custom shortcuts to Home Screen

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what model bb do you have. My 8830 has a today theme that lists unread messages missed calls and 2 calendar entries. As far as 3rd party I am not sure but theme bb today is good enough for me

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am not sure about icons or separate folders

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~pressing the call button does nothing? Maybe change the action for the call button. What model do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by bourne
    i was wondering if it is possible to add icons to the home screen? in order for me to see a list of missed calls i have to go to messages, then view folder, missed calls.

is it possible to add an icon just to show my missed calls?
    Which BB model are you using?

If you want detailed info about your missed calls on your home screen without going through the "view folder" thing, I think you're outta luck unless there's a feature on the "today" theme I don't know about and you're running OS 4.2+. But, if you you just want to have an indicator on the screen that missed call(s) exist and have them listed when you choose "Messages" (instead of going through Menu, View Folder, Scroll, Choose . . .) then do this: Choose "Phone" (or "Phone Logs" or "Phone Call Logs" or whatever, it has changed from model to model -- it's the phone screen you dial numbers from); then open the menu; choose "Options"; scroll to and select "Call Logging". Choose either Missed Calls or All Calls. Then from now on, if you miss a call a small icon will come up on your home screen, and the calls will be listed in the "Messages" list without you having to go to the View Folders option.

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ not sure what BB model you have, I have the Pearl and use the today plus theme downloaded from BB home page. I love this theme. It shows an icon for text messages, call log & calendar. Check it out, I think you'll like it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ found a screen shot of my Pearl, as you can see I have my icons aligned at the bottom. But you can see the other 3 icons (from top to bottom: messages/call log/calendar ) They are hiding in the background until you either get a new message or new missed call, then they light up. You can also scroll over them and access them at any time.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...otHARMLogo.jpg

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm on a 8703e still with 4.1. I use a 3rd party free app. "Launcher". It allows you to assign shortcuts to specific keys. I assigned messages to "M". Hit it and emails, missed calls along with other messages pop up. Even quicker then scrolling to an icon. Launcher is available in the download section.

Hope that helps.

angiesbiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25E0711A

Quote Originally Posted by paullamm
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm on a 8703e still with 4.1. I use a 3rd party free app. "Launcher". It allows you to assign shortcuts to specific keys. I assigned messages to "M". Hit it and emails, missed calls along with other messages pop up. Even quicker then scrolling to an icon. Launcher is available in the download section.

Hope that helps.
    Where did you find the app launcher? That sounds cool, wonder if it will work with my 8800?

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try this link http://www.software-for-blackberry.com/launcher.html. I love it on my 8703e. I know it is in the Pinstack download setion also.

Nikols no está en línea Stack level 2

Has anyone tested this on the Pearl?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ no OTA download, will have to wait to download from work and try on the Pearl

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

There actually is an OTA install: Launcher
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B

I have been using "Pocket Day". It has a summary screen that shows missed calls and emails. It can come up like a home screen.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm installing "Launcher" on a 7105t now, I'll report back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast