I've developed a pretty good theme that I'm happy with using GIMP/Plazmic for my 8130....however ... Software & Theme Development forum

dabagboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3191c943

a few hints for "layered" or transparent icons

Advertisement

I've developed a pretty good theme that I'm happy with using GIMP/Plazmic for my 8130....however I'm stuck on some of the "flashing" icons like
    osicon_txrx.png
    and
    osicon_hourglass.PNG

All really want to do is change the color of those icons that default blue really clashes with my default color scheme.

but for the life of me I can't figure out how (using GIMP) I had no problem with most of the "static" icons painting or color filling....but when I opened one of them osicon_hourglass in GIMP it says it's is already 12 layers? is there a way to chang the color of all those layers at once?

I don't even know how to change the color of one layer at a time....

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i haven't figured out changing the color of the hourglass or even making my own yet ... the only way i could recolor the transmission arrows was to open them in photoshop. i could never get gimp to work with those

if you tell me what color you want, i might have it already

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    here ya go, can't help with the hourglass, but here are the arrows in 14 different colors

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_arrows.html

PIN/ID
    3191c943
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i haven't figured out changing the color of the hourglass or even making my own yet ...
    Wow,that make me feel much better as in only a week around here I've figured out you are the Theme Goddeses. Having just started I might keep Googling, but I'm just too far over my head to be optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    here ya go, can't help with the hourglass, but here are the arrows in 14 different colors

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_arrows.html
    Cool thanks, I was looking for green and the green invert will be pretty close enough....you did "green invert" what happened to "Green".....ideally a dark/forest green....I'm building an MSU Spartan theme

In digging around there is a Plazmic sample hourglass I can use....

ViSit0R no está en línea Stack level 3
    The hourglass is a GIF animation with a maximum of 16 Images. GIF only allows 256 Colors max. If you want to change the colors, you first have to increase the colors to 16million, and later reduce it the 256 again. But I don't know if GIMP can handle animations... maybe you need an other application to create this animation of the single frames.

The TX/ RX Icons can be PNG Images, but the alpha transparency doesn't work for this Icon (only 0% transparent or 100% transparent (like GIF)).

BB4Ever

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    yes as cherri and visitor stated it is a animated gif but you can make your own with a gif creator app freeware just google it to find one but you will have to make color changes in gimp or photshop then save each image as a serperate then load in gif creator to get the finish product but that should work for you
    here is one that i did for 300

ViSit0R no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can find a free app for making animated GIFs here: http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/

Create all single frames with GIMP, save them as GIF, add these GIFs in UnFREEz and create your animation.

BB4Ever

PIN/ID
    3191c943
    wow, seems like a lot of work for a "waiting indicator" ....maybe if I get bored on the drive home from this vacation (wife driving....I'm not going to design gifs while i drive)