OK, so here is an explanation of my problem... Also, both themes in reference were ... Software & Theme Development forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Question 9650 theme on 9780 device; cut off font PLZ HELP

Advertisement

OK, so here is an explanation of my problem... Also, both themes in reference were built with TB6 using a 9650 custom.

Theme 1 - Clean BB6

I released Clean BB6 a couple of weeks ago as more or less a trial run to see how it would go over before I put a lot of time and energy into it. I didn't receive any complaints to speak of, so after gaining some feedback on it, I decided to go ahead and make a premium version of the theme with a few minor changes. I then released Theme 2...

Theme 2 - BerriClean

Theme 2 used the same Composer file for the dock. The minor changes from Theme 1 consisted of replacing the stock icons with OS7 icons, making it more wallpaper friendly, adding the date to the banner.

Now I've recently been informed that on Theme 2 (BerriClean), the fonts are cutting off on the messages list on the 9780. It actually appears when looking at it that the fonts are quite a bit larger, to the point that the Primary/Subtext Fonts are causing the time on the right hand side to cut down to basically just the hour.

But I can't come up with anything to fix this issue, so I've since had to removed the 9780 from the list of compatible devices, which I really didn't want to do but felt I had no choice.

I have compared the two theme files and can't find a difference that would cause this. The fonts used for both themes are the default 9650 fonts, which according to TB6 are actually smaller than the default 9780 font. So why they appear larger is beyond me

It also makes no sense that the problem seems to be isolated to this one particular theme, not the free version of it, nor any other theme I have built.

All this being said... does ANYONE have the slightest clue where I could start looking for a cause for this issue?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance to anyone who replies!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Does anyone know exactly what causes the font issue I previously described because it just happened again on a theme I'm working on now and I can't figure out for the life of me what is causing it?

Right now I have a dozen or so themes that are compatible with this device (9780) and only one of them had this issue. Yesterday I started working on a new theme and as luck would have it, its doing the same thing (cutting the font off on the message list). I build every theme the same, only the color scheme changes, so I'm at a complete loss as to what is causing this.

I've had a couple people tell me that in TB6 you can't change anything in the message list (font, cursor color etc), otherwise this will happen, but that makes no sense to me as I always change the message list cursor color and my themes work fine on the 9780 majority of the time. Like I said, this is only the second time it has happened out of a dozen or so themes.

Anyone have any other thoughts on the subject? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    sometimes it's the device I've had issues where the indicators are just fine along with the fonts and people with the same device are getting cut off. I know the 9780 has some issues but not sure there is a fix. I run stock font bbsans condensed at 20 an the sub text somewhere between 16 and 18. the only time font issues are found usually is with IM or BBM.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    sometimes it's the device I've had issues where the indicators are just fine along with the fonts and people with the same device are getting cut off. I know the 9780 has some issues but not sure there is a fix. I run stock font bbsans condensed at 20 an the sub text somewhere between 16 and 18. the only time font issues are found usually is with IM or BBM.
    Thanks for the reply Papa!

Isn't it true though that if I change the default font it will no longer adjust to user device settings? That is the impression I've been under at least from what other theme devs have said.

If that's the case, I'll have to export the theme an extra time (once before the font change, once after) just to support the 9870. Not sure that seems entirely worth it Guess I will have to try to figure out what devices my themes are selling for and go from there.

Thanks again!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I never export my themes twice, have not had any feedback with any themes I've sold with this issue other than when I had too many apps in the dock and it was a mini. Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

I never export my themes twice, have not had any feedback with any themes I've sold with this issue other than when I had too many apps in the dock and it was a mini. Sorry I couldn't be of more help
    Hmm... maybe I'm doing it the hard way or not understanding because I make mine using a 9650 custom6 (to get the OS6 version), but then have to import it for 9700 custom and export it again to get the OS5 version.

But that's just how I figured out how to do it when I tried and I've stuck with it since it seemed to work. But now I wonder if there's an easier way that would prevent some of the issues I'm having.

Man being a newbie sucks! LOL!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I do all my OS6 themes for the 9650, 9700,9780 using the 9700. One copy works for all three devices and the 9700 is what I'm packing. You shouldn't have to import to the 9700 if you are using the custom6 not the custom. I use ThemeBuilder 5.0 for all my OS5 themes. If you make yours with 9650 Custom6 it should show up on mobihand listing all three devices and they all should work the same. You do have to import for the OS5 version no way around it. I have found that is I have customized alot of information building new is faster than importing

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

I do all my OS6 themes for the 9650, 9700,9780 using the 9700. One copy works for all three devices and the 9700 is what I'm packing. You shouldn't have to import to the 9700 if you are using the custom6 not the custom. I use ThemeBuilder 5.0 for all my OS5 themes. If you make yours with 9650 Custom6 it should show up on mobihand listing all three devices and they all should work the same. You do have to import for the OS5 version no way around it. I have found that is I have customized alot of information building new is faster than importing
    I'll try the 9700 method and see if it works better, but I've been doing the same thing, only using 9650 and most of the time it works fine for all three devices. But I use TB6 for both the OS5 and OS6 versions. So I don't know how to get one theme to work with both OS5 and OS6 without importing it into a new theme :-s

My themes do show up on MobiHand correctly, for the most part at least. Aside from the fact that I keep having to manually exclude the 8330 and 8350i devices which it claims are compatible with 85xx OS5 series (which I was only recently told is incorrect). But when I UL the 96xx themes it marks them correctly.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    That is not true their are some 8330 and 8350i's with official OS5 on them and are capible of running those themes. Don't know where you got your information I know users that have the devices and running my 8500 themes for OS5.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

That is not true their are some 8330 and 8350i's with official OS5 on them and are capible of running those themes. Don't know where you got your information I know users that have the devices and running my 8500 themes for OS5.
    It was another theme developer that told me that. He said it doesn't matter what they're capable of running now because their native OS wasn't 5.0 and therefore they won't work.

In the meantime, based on that information alone, I had to go correct all my threads on another forum (over 150 of them) all the information on my blog, my website and the list goes on. It was an all day ordeal. Now I'm finding out I could be misinformed, wasted all that time and cost myself sales.

Again, being a newbie SUCKS!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well I'm sorry but we all had to stumble along as we learned. It wouldn't be any fun if you just jumped in as a genius lol

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Well I'm sorry but we all had to stumble along as we learned. It wouldn't be any fun if you just jumped in as a genius lol
    I don't know. I think it would be more fun to just bypass genius and start right at theme savant because I'm seriously starting to get annoyed with all the stumbling and falling on my behind LOL!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info