Although I design my themes for the Bold, I am occassionally required to create for ... Software & Theme Development forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

8100 Theme design question

Advertisement

Although I design my themes for the Bold, I am occassionally required to create for the pearl.

One of the pearl users in my house requested a theme. Of course, wishing to peace in the household I gave in and created it to HER specifications.

Unfortunately when she looked at the theme the first thing out of her mouth was, "Where is my 'L'?"

My question is this: When utilizing the Custom design capailities of Plazmic Theme Builder 4.6, how does one create the L menu? I can make the menu etc., but when it comes to cursor travel it is messed up.

Unlike under the Bold and Curve design screens the navigation is set up by Plazmic using only two options, horizontal or vertical.

When I put the application icon in the tracking seems to pass it and come back to it two or three scrolls later.

Could someone talk me through the creation of the main screen menu so that the tracking goes down to the application icon and then continues right and vice-versa.

If I don't get this figured out I will be watching my girl and her pearl heading out the door...... :-)
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

brondonnelly200 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243DBF1F

L Theme Template.

Here is a "L Theme" Template.

In the zip file there are 2 files. One is the .THM file and the other is the transparent svg. Open the .thm file with theme builder, and place the transparent.svg in the svg slot on the homescreen application screen in the inspector. And check render over homescreen.

The first 4 icons on the left side are set to USE DEVICE APPLICATION ORDER, the APPLICATION icon is set to "APPLICATION ICON", the next 5 icons are set to "USE DEVICE APPLICATION ORDER". Do not change the postiton of the icons, they are ready for user customization.

The SVG that is enclosed will make the icons scroll endlessly(loop around to the beginning)

You can change the style of the icons, focus icons and tabs or whatever.
    As this template uses the default icons with Precision Tabs and Focus on the HomeScreen.

Hope this helps.

Edit: the blank icon next to the application icon is the activation icon. I forgot to click the "USE DEVICE APPLICATION ORDER" checkbox. Just click the icon and check "USE DEVICE APPLICATION ORDER" in the application list on the inspector. Didn't notice it till I loaded on my Pearl

L_theme_template.zip
    Last edited by brondonnelly200; 11-22-2008 at 09:29 PM.
    "A broken clock is right two times a day"

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    awesome!! I am going to edit the crap out of it, but this gives me something to work with.

One of these days I am going to sit down with the 108 page svg manual and try to figure it all out!

You ROCK and may have made my wife happy on her 32nd birthday..... LoL
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    243DBF1F
    The svg enclosed isn't explained in the manual lol, its one of plazmics dirty little secrets. The transparent svg just makes the cursor confused so it navigates where ever your trackball is scrolled. Good luck with your theme and don't forget to let everyone else enjoy for new L theme you create.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Hahaha... That will be up to my wife.... hehe... But we can sneek it in somewhere.

PIN/ID
    243DBF1F
    Lmao... On second thought you might not want to post it!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Achk.... Nevermind her sensitivities.... The theme is posted HERE

micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I think the svg may make a simple L theme more complicated than necessary for the pearl, potentially slowing it down. The key to the focus icon traveling down then over and back again is making sure that you have them in the same order in the inspector as you do on the screen. If they are mismatched it will hop around, and that is incredibly annoying. I am a pearl user and designer, so if you have any other questions regarding the model let me know.

example:

as long as the order the icons are in matches in both locations it will work fine, the vertical and horizontal settings only effect which direction will take you to the profile icon in the header.

Hope this helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by micjenks; 11-24-2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: more details

PIN/ID
    243DBF1F
    Actually the svg does not slow the theme down or have the potential to. Been using the transparent svg since plazmics theme builder and composer have been available to the public. Don't know how it complicates things, its used for the endless scroll loop for the homescreen. After 150+ themes that I created and used the transparent svg, I've never had a user complain that is causes problems. I wouldn't put it in my themes if they slowed down our BB's. The users actually love the fact that the themes have endless scroll.
    "A broken clock is right two times a day"

micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Good to know, I will take a look. I am fairly new to the svg side of designing, although I have probably done close to 200 themes. I actually like the L theme not to loop but its good to know your options. Thanks for the info!