Hi, first of all, just wanted to thank everyone here at Pinstack for being informative ... Software & Theme Development forum

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro

2 today themes!

Advertisement

Hi, first of all, just wanted to thank everyone here at Pinstack for being informative and helpful!

I've created 2 themes, one better for light colored wallpapers and the other optomized for dark. I couldn't find any themes that were simple, that would go with any wallpaper, and that didn't have goofy incoming call pics or lockscreens. These are the first themes that I've felt confident in sharing, so please be gentle in any criticism!! Thanks!

OK, playing around with these themes and found a problem. When a button is highlighted, like Delete, the button gets all screwy and displays a partial light grey box around the text. If someone could please help me with this I'd really appreciate it!
    Last edited by ganns1980; 05-28-2008 at 12:36 AM. Reason: found problems with own themes :(

PIN/ID
    LESS
    We would need to see the actual issue so we can better direct you

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    if you could get a screenshot that would help

OK, here's the screenshots of the problem I'm having.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by ganns1980 View Post
    OK, here's the screenshots of the problem I'm having.
    that is a font issue. the font needs to be increased on the buttons.

Ok, thanks! I'm moving right now but as soon as I have my pc up and running I'll work some more with it.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey, Cherri, I'm still having the same problems with the font on the buttons. I've tried increasing the font size and playing around with the button dimensions, still no go. Could you provide any more help with this? Thanks!

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Are you using a tiled image for the button? If so, you may need to move the guides. I still feel like its a font issue.

I took the button straight from the Plazmic 8100 sample files, redid it as black, and saved it as a separate file. I've also looked at the guide dialog before I change anything around and use those numbers as a guide. Maybe the font I'm trying to use? I like the BBCasual, that's what I've been trying to use.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    what size do you have the font set to for the buttons?

also, what size do you have the buttons tiled down to? not sure if im saying that right, but what are the 4 numbers you have in the guide for the tiled button? (the little grid beside the button)

Here's a screenshot of what I've got going on.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    1) make sure the A is selected beside each font (that adds an anti-alias/makes it smoother)
    2) make both fonts 20 and bold, with the A selected and make your tile image same numbers, i.e. 4x4x4x4 (or 6x6x6x6)

unfortunately, a lot of time is spent testing on the BB because it doesn't always look or act the same on the CDK or simulator (i never use the simulator, i use the BB itself to test)

Cherri, let me just say that you freakin rock! I don't know what I was doing wrong, but that fixed it - Thanks!

Hey, Cherri, I'm having another theme issue that I was hoping you could help me with. On the messages screen, there's a white bar at the bottom - I've included a screenshot. I'm not sure why it's happening so I don't know how to fix it! Thanks for any help you can give me.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Change the mask to a transparent image sized for wallpaper (320x240 or 240x260)I think that will resolve that issue.