I've just about finished my first theme - a custom today for Pearl 4.5 OS. ... Software & Theme Development forum

rockinsage no está en línea Stack level 1

2 questions from new theme maker

Advertisement

I've just about finished my first theme - a custom today for Pearl 4.5 OS. Two things I can't figure out...

1 - the BB dimension today theme in OS 4.5 has animated message indicator icons, are these available to us to use?

2 - the option to replace the active call screen is always grayed out, this screen is not possible to replace?

Thanks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    1) do you mean the star? im confused on this one bc i can't think of what you mean by animated.

2) is that incoming or outgoing? for incoming, you can change that, for outgoing, no.

hi cherrichiodo!

Yes right, the little red star/asterisk indicator for new messages. On the dimension today theme that comes with OS 4.5, it blinks/pulses when new messages come in - both on the small today screen icon and on the full-size icon.

For the call screen, I'm talking about the screen that comes up when a call is already connected and in progress. I think the same screen comes up (after connecting) if the call is incoming or outgoing. I did see how to change the call screen for incoming calls (before the call connects).

Thanks!!!!
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 12-18-2008 at 01:58 AM. Reason: format edit

PIN/ID
    ATA
    well i am certainly not the expert on animation. maybe one of the other themers out there that have mastered it can answer that question. have you tried using an already animated gif file?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    well i am certainly not the expert on animation. maybe one of the other themers out there that have mastered it can answer that question. have you tried using an already animated gif file?
    That's what I want to try, but I was hoping to find the animated gif that RIM used for the 4.5 dimension today theme. I can't seem to locate it though. I really wanted to use the same animation they're using in the stock theme.

Thanks for all your help.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    did you dig thru the plazmic files to see if it was in there?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    did you dig thru the plazmic files to see if it was in there?
    Yep, still looking.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    You can create your own animation on composer then assign an action called Launch Application . In the action dialog you can "Change Event" for that animation to "On New Mail", "On No New Mail", "On Missed Call", "On No Missed Call". All this are found in Interactivity->Actions.

animaevents.jpg
    Last edited by pinpoint; 12-22-2008 at 04:06 AM.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm