+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...AY-THE-BB-9900... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: WHAT I SAY: THE BB 9900

Advertisement

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Just a bit harsh there Del, guess you are gone to the darkside?? If you dont like it send it my way! I need a new BB!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Nice job Del. This is the third article I've read on the 9900. And they pretty much reiterate what you've said here. I broke in with a Berry as did many of our members, and like the form factor. I hate to see what's going on here, OS 7 is just like OS 6, which is just like OS 5. If RIM releases QNX, and follows the trends it's set for releases the last few years, it won't be till the 4th quarter of 2012 or early 2013. They are indeed their own worst enemy at the moment.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Just a bit harsh there Del, guess you are gone to the darkside?? If you dont like it send it my way! I need a new BB!
    Not at all Bass. Truth. It´s a good looking phone. Functional.
    The rest is RIM's doing...

Havoc65 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Not at all Bass. Truth. It´s a good looking phone. Functional.
    The rest is RIM's doing...
    Truth from your prospective doesn't make it so, it just makes it your opinion, just because it falls short to your expectations doesn't mean it will for others especially BB enthusiasts.
    Is RIM or has RIM ever made a multimedia power house of a phone im sure everybody will agree that the answer is NO is that what there goal is, in my opinion i don't think so but do they make a quality product that you can count on day in and day YES, no everybody needs or wants a multimedia power house of a phone i know i don't but maybe thats just me i just want something reliable

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    My opinion is my opinion. FACTS are there for all to see. This review safeguards that.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc65 View Post
    not everybody needs or wants a multimedia power house of a phone i know i don't but maybe thats just me i just want something reliable
    Very valid point. But why can't RIM's devices do BOTH? Their declining marketshare reflects the end consumer's desire to have both IMO.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I just want to update.
    The BB9900 is available in the EU. The price for a carrier free example is:
    604,99 Euros, that´s 862,00 US $.
    Question: What are my alternatives ?
    Vodafone locked, it will be about 499,90 Euros. That´s 712,00 US $
    Uuuufffff...!
    Last edited by Delfim; 08-13-2011 at 04:18 PM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I took and edited details from expansys.pt. No mention was made because it´s a Sales Site. Nevertheless here´s the mention.
    The review and appraisals are mine. The phone from Vodafone.
    Last edited by Delfim; 08-13-2011 at 05:59 PM.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    A very good What I Say!!! everyone is entitled to an opinion, everyone has one just like something else we know. I don't have a droid or iPhone because I don't do the multmedia, video's, gaming all that jazz. I however like those options that droid brings to me on my NookColor. BlackBerry is BlackBerry and even though that's all I use or have I still think RIM is number 3 and will remain so even if they release QNX today.
    If I had the cash to do so my next smartphone would be a BlackBerry. It does exactly what I want.

Once again nice job del, and I love the feedback that's what this is all about

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thanks Craig. I must stress a fact here, if I may. The BB 9900 IS the best BB to date. It´s well built. Looks good. Works well.
    My questions, and what may lead to a feeling of negativity about the product, is RIM - strategy, marketing, selling etc.
    Y'know, I have to give it back Monday morning. That's the bad part. The price is also prohibitive. I'd keep it if I could. Definitely.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well I figured from your take that it wasn't bad I think we all agree that RIM is outta wack in that aspect

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Stirred up a bit of controversy didn't ya?

Eh, good reviews tend to do that.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Not everybody is going to like everything. The iphone is the biggest piece of junk in my book. To make it do what you want you need to jailbreak and then redo it everytime there is an update. Can't replace the battery and no keyboard. Now this is just what I think but others love it. But then with all the hype apple put out some fell in love even with all the problems it has. Some say RIM is so far behind but if that is true why can nobody do email like a blackberry can?

Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    Not everybody is going to like everything. The iphone is the biggest piece of junk in my book. To make it do what you want you need to jailbreak and then redo it everytime there is an update. Can't replace the battery and no keyboard. Now this is just what I think but others love it. But then with all the hype apple put out some fell in love even with all the problems it has. Some say RIM is so far behind but if that is true why can nobody do email like a blackberry can?
    I agree. Every smartphone user has a different set of needs, a different set of wants. Different smartphones fill different needs. Where we are in error is when we say one is better than another; what we mean is one is better than another for my needs - - As far as quality, there is little difference in smartphones. They are all outstanding. But they operate differently, for different sets of people. When someone says "Too Little- Too Late" about BlackBerrys, they are not understanding the demographic of who BB is marketing. The facts are that BlackBerry outsells every smartphone manufacturer in the world by over a two-to-one margin except industry leader Apple. The facts are that Apple cancelled AT&T's exclusivity contract, and gave Verizon the iPhone, because BlackBerry would have surpassed their #1 sales position unless they expanded the iPhone's availability. It is because BlackBerry does what it does best. But, it doesn't do what Android does, or iPhone does. All these smartphones are not "better" or "worse", they are different.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast