+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...C-Incredible-S... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: WHAT I SAY: HTC Incredible S

Advertisement

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Very nicely done Del, this looks pretty slick. How would you rate it among the Droids you have owned?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hi Glenn. Better than the HD and Desire S. I had a soft spot for the Nexus S, but the battery was a problem ( you warned me on Twitter). The Super Amoled screen of the Nexus was FANTASTIC ! And that was the clincher.
    This one is good, clear and crisp, but it´s not Amoled. But...
    It has more features. HTC really pump it up- camera, video, sound, all the HTC widgets (useful and they all look good), custom skins, and scenes for your homepages. You can change the way the phone looks at a touch of a button. Different scenes for work, leisure and play and then you can still change the skins as you wish. There are too many choices, really.
    I like the rubbery feel of the battery cover. Not prone to scratches at all. The matt black finish of the frame and bezels looks good.
    The battery holds out better now. But that remains to be confirmed with usage.
    Web surfing, rendering of pages is quick, very quick. Now with Flash 10.2 it´s fantastic.
    And that makes the big difference compared to the Nexus S.
    But I loved the curved screen

PIN/ID
    nada
    Very tempting. I may have to break down one of these days and venture to Droid land.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You need to get a Droid and play with the concept for a while before you make up your mind. I´m sure you can arrange that with your carrier. The 30 day exchange program ?
    When I migrated from BB to iPhone (remember?) I also was a bit hesitant. After I had the iPhone and got used to it I didn´t want to go back to BB. At that time I tried Android on and off and couldn´t quite fathom why all the fuss with Google and Droids. My primary concern was sync with contacts and calendar and the like. And I couldnt figure it out...and when I did, with persistence and patience, it got me hook, line and sinker. I really don´t want to go back to BB or iOS at all. Now I´m stuck.
    You should try it out. Experiment first if you can.

PIN/ID
    nada
    The only thing is that AT&T is catering to Apple big time, and they really dont have a good selection of Droids, besides the galaxy S, and as we know the battery is lame.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Great write-up del.....you sound energized with this new one.....

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Del- If you would like to stay on top of the progress they are making toward rooting the S and finding the proper hboot, kernel, roms, etc, you can find everything here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1028

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ Thanks Riffman. I'm gonna take a look. For this Incredible S, only the best ...
    Last edited by Delfim; 05-07-2011 at 06:41 PM.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Nice story and review Del!
    HTC has always been pretty good with keeping their high end phones updated. That's so important when choosing which Android device to buy, because the updates are major. They and features like Adobe flash and Gtalk video chat. Also a huge performance increase. Amazing they got Gingerbread to that phone already!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^I was surprised myself. Actually, the night before I had been on th help-line with HTC about this, and complaining, and then...the update appeared the next day. Unbelievable.
    And as you say, the difference between Froyo and Gingerbread is colossal...

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    @ Delfim , I didn't know you lived or are from Portugal! How cool is that ! Wow! Just be careful with your device because believe me I know how hard those cobble stones roads are in our countries like yours. Enjoy your device !

+ Reply to Thread