+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ing-iPad-Rival... Smartphone News forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Article: Verizon, Google Developing iPad Rival

Advertisement

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I hope they do it up right and it is a worthy competitor....not that I am an Apple basher, just that I like to see the innovation that competition brings

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    This is an interesting topic of discussion. One thing I will say about it is when you first pick up an iPad (since this is the only one available to the general public) it becomes apparent why we have not had a Tablet/Slate device before now.

There is no place for a Start Menu, aka: mouse/keyboard type of navigation.

WebOS and Android are the only other options at this point other than the current build of iPad.

I really think these devices are going to take off and be the device that changes how we consume media and information especially around our home.

The Apps and hardware will need to improve just a bit before they will be considered a productivity device. For consuming they are very nice and work great.

I really do encourage anyone to purchase one if given the chance.
    I can see HP and WebOS to deliver a nice Tablet by the end of 2010 or early 2011 as the same goes with Android.

Words can't really do these items justice when explaining how they work/feel when using one.

They do lighten the load on a mobile device (phone) and also on a productivity device (Laptop or desktop).

They truly rest in the middle of both.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I really think these devices are going to take off and be the device that changes how we consume media and information especially around our home.

The Apps and hardware will need to improve just a bit before they will be considered a productivity device. For consuming they are very nice and work great.

I really do encourage anyone to purchase one if given the chance.
    I can see HP and WebOS to deliver a nice Tablet by the end of 2010 or early 2011 as the same goes with Android.
    They truly rest in the middle of both.
    Could not agree more with everything you just said!!
    I personally would LOVE to see WebOS on a tablet. When I played around with the Palm Pre Plus for about a week, I got the feel that this would be a better system on a tablet/larger mobile device, rather than a phone. Infact, I think the ONLY feature I didn't like about that phone was 1.) the phone app , 2.) the hardware quality/sound quality.

Everything else was amazing. THe idea of the "pages", and how the apps are pages, and the browser "tabs" are "pages" too is fantastic. The rendering was amazing, the speed was great, and it's uber intuitive. I honestly love that much more than android. Android reminds me of that "RedHat/Linux/Turbo Linux ~3.5". It doesn't have modern features, it's a great idea -- but when it comes to day to day work, I can't see myself really using it. The WebOS on the other hand would be absolutely priceless at day to day work.

If an iPad-like device came out w/ webos, I would be the first to buy it.

+ Reply to Thread