+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Torch not living up to RIM hype: BlackBerry Torch already in trouble, report says http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...x?post=1793121 ... Smartphone News forum

aferm no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Torch not living up to RIM hype: BlackBerry Torch already in trouble, report says

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...x?post=1793121

I used to love my Blackberries, but got frustrated with the lack of innovation. In my opinion, it reminds me of the stuffy old folks who only know how to e-mail, if that. The Iphone is like the middle age adults, still tech savy, know the internet, and try very hard to kinda stay abreast of what's relevant, but still ask their kids questions about " the net ". Android is like the brash teenagers. they know it all, and don't want to be told what to do. For the record, I'm 44, own an iphone, and am very tech savy, or so I think! LOL

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^Maybe some are looking at the specs and seeing they are last years or in some cases pre-last years specs and the screen is smaller and finding it difficult to jump.

Set an Android next to the Torch and compare the two. I have to admit I would take the Android even if it was the N1.

GigaOM wrote an article saying it was more of a Evolution not a revolution and in many ways it is. RIM is evolving it's just taking time and the steps sometimes seem slow b/c in the mobile industry 6 months is a forever.
    Last edited by srl7741; 08-16-2010 at 07:27 PM.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    ^^Maybe some are looking at the specs and seeing they are last years or in some cases pre-last years specs and the screen is smaller and finding it difficult to jump.

Set an Android next to the Torch and compare the two. I have to admit I would take the Android even if it was the N1.

GigaOM wrote an article saying it was more of a Evolution not a revolution and in many ways it is. RIM is evolving it's just taking time and the steps sometimes seem slow b/c in the mobile industry 6 months is a forever.

I agree the specs could be better, but I've always been a Blackberry lover....and a a touch screen lover. Having had both storms.....in my opinion the failed horribly on those 2 devices. I have owned a few andriod devices and have liked them all....just liked though, and after I bricked the last one I had I've stayed away from them lol. I really really like iPhones, but it's always been more of a toy and the battery life is horiffic! All that being said.....my 9700 was my favorite Blackberry to date, but it lacked a touch screen. The Torch seems to me like the best of both worlds. I know I will love this new phone....I just wish it where here already Wednesday morning can't come soon enough!!
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hottie View Post
    ˇ Got my new torch yesterday... Its WONDERFUL! I've tried many diffe phones-android, winmo, palm, even the iphone and this is by far the best! At least for me. One huge factor with many dual input smtphones is the lack of ĺ good keyboard but this one definitely has it. In additon there is ĺ suretype keyboard, alphanumeric keyboard, and a QWERTY (which also has AZERTY and QWERTZ options) so no matter what its easy to type. The touch screem is much imporved from the original storm where the screen clicked in. This screen also has landscape mode when turned to the left and right. Pinch zoom in and out and many tabs when browsing. There are many preloaded apps which are useful rather than the sometimes pointless ones included on other phones. All of the social network feeds are brought together in one application. The camera has been updated to 5mp with several shooting modes to get the best picture quality. There are different pages to organize the functions and applications, a drop-down menu with all of the recent activites as well as upcoming events. And one of my favorite the uverse mobile app which allows you to watch shows and communicate with your uverse @ home. The new search function on the main screen is very helpful in getting used to the phone since there are so many new and additonal menus and customizeable features. ˇ Have so much more to learn about this phone ˇ can't wait!
    I can't agree more! Even though the specs are not as high as some of the new android devices or the iphone 4, this thing is still awesome. Everyday I use it, I love it more. I have used all the other phones including the iphone 4 and Galaxy S series, but this will be my primary phone for a long while. I have also owned every model of BB and this is by far the best. With the sure type on screen keyboard option while driving, the slide up full qwerty when answering long emails, the ease of navigation through the os and the social media features, add to the best email system ever known on the market, this phone is a joy!

I also find that even though the processor is only 640mhz, the OS moves as smooth as the 1ghz did on my captivate. No complaints here! If I had to try and find a complaint, it might be that the camera takes pixelated pictures sometimes, but not really a problem!

richardrblc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22cf4edb
    wanted to wait a few days with my new torch i have and always have been a blackberry fan that did not change with the torch i have had no problems or concerns i actually tried the iphone4 prior to getting torch i am much happier with the torch i know i am in the minority there but one it comes to the real work horse of the smartphone world they can all learn from RIM just hate the att theme none to change to yet LOL

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The AT&T Theme does help define "fugly" There must B something better out there.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^ lol. Fugly themes. I'll make you guys one but then again I heard BHD just got one so I'm sure he'll be releasing one very soon. H
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Lol! I will leave that to you Rat! I am retired at the moment lol.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Does theme builder 5.0 provide the new torch's template? If so I'm set to set a theme up. I got an hour to play with it until the g/f comes back into the room after watching her soaps lol

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Bad news...It doesn't support the new Blackberry Torch... sorry guys

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    it Does, but I have someone building me a theme already! I am lkovin my Torch!

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^ really? I didn't see any options to create a theme for this device within it. I overlooked it perhaps? Hmm I'll have another look tonite unless the person making you the theme has a leaked version of a new upgrade to the current theme builder,? Maybe

richardrblc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22cf4edb
    i am checking around daily for themes if i find some will give everyone the heads up
    pin me any time 22cf4edb

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    No theme will be released anytime soon until RIM decides to release the new theme builder 6.0 or an upgrade to the current 5.0 theme builder they released not too long ago. Hopefully they'll release it soon. If anything, I can almost guarandamntee you guys bplay will be the first to start releasing them. They always are the ones to release their themes first. Don't believe me? well, allow me to show you what the current theme builder only lists below:

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2
    It kind of bugs me when people start comparing not only the Torch, but any BB to Androids, and iPhones etc. Not sure that the comparisons based solely on specs is really justified. Think about it, yes, it took however long for this to come to market. Why? Sounds like it's because they did their homework, wanted to make sure it's a good solid phone, and with RIM's reputation of them being a good solid business phone, they took their time and were serious about it. When you think about the target market for these phones, it's major market is business users, who just need a phone to make calls, and to get emails with. Sometimes to join an online meeting, or make appointments on the calendar. They want it to be a solid phone, and have it secure. It is. That's that. Can you play with it? Sure. Is that it's main function? No. So, what's the big deal if it has a 480x360 resolution, or has less than a ghz processor? For me, even though I find Androids, and iPhones fascinating pieces of technology, they just don't fit my needs as a consumer, and I prefer the Blackberry interface to the others. For some people these other phones do fit their needs, and they prefer the interfaces of the other phones, so they gravitate to those, unfortunately making the mistake of saying "this phone is better than that one." It's not. It just fills your needs better than the others do. Nothing wrong with that. So let's just get over this stupid argument over who is better, and if RIM is going to be able to survive or not with this phone. One phone model isn't going to kill a company. They have such a large range of phones that meets so many different types of needs and desires, that there really is no reason to say such a thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast