+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ay-Who-Got-One... Smartphone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Article: Two Highly Anticipated Devices Realeased Yesterday, Who Got One

Advertisement

Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    3 years ago this thread would be 20 post deep with people posting about how they liked the new BB.

Interesting....................

I don't know anyone who purchased a new BB and most the people I've spoken to opted for the Incredible or Droid X this time around.
    Last edited by srl7741; 08-14-2010 at 09:28 AM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    If the torch had come out before the storm 1 maybe then it could've had a chance but as SRL said 3 years ago it would've been le creme of le creme but today's standards are too high for any company venturing into the smarphone arena. By the time RIM is done testing and making all the adjustments to the device and be ray to release a solid device its specs are no longer new features but instead yesterday's news. Sucks to see RIM follow Palm's inevitable path of decay. Well, maybe merging companies could help them out but I don't think they're ready to give it all up just yet. They'll keep releasing all these silly minut upgrades to their long list of devices runni g the same os and features.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

eveofdes no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok - let me start off by saying I definitely read this site daily, and try to learn, etc. I recieved my Doid2 today, and have been messing around it with for the last couple hours (since it's my first true time with Android). My last phone was an 8330, which apparently the "keyboard died" a couple months shy of the 2yr mark, and the replacement wasn't any better (charge problems, delete key issues, etc).

So far, it feels solid in hand, constructed very well yet not heavy, and was comfortable in my pocket. I chose the Droid2 over the Incredible because I liked the idea of having the keyboard even if I don't use it much, and the X because I didn't want a screen that big.

The screen is extremely responsive - barely have to press and it responds. The soft keys on the bottom are super responsive as well. I have yet to see ANY lag what-so-ever.

The slide-out keyboard has a very soft feel to it, and coming from a BB, it's very different. Yet, though it has a soft feel, one still has to press hard enough such that you really can't make mistakes. I love the Swype texting - a bit rough at it but will learn.

The 7 home screens offer a lot of customizable decisions (but that's no different than some of the other droid phones).

I'm not quite sure what else to write, so if you who are in the know have a specific answer, I'd be happy to give my opinion.

Also, what are some good Android sites to learn tricks, read about apps, etc? Thanks guys...

--Adam--

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I really like the fact they added word predictions to the hardware keyboard for the D2. I always wanted that on the 1st Droid. I mean it has a lame form of word prediction but, on the D2 its the same as the virtual keyboard. That's awesome, and its a first for Android phones.

@eveofdes I have a request if you don't mind. Get the Quadrant benchmark app from the market and give the D2 a run. I would love to see the number it puts up since its running 2.2.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    The Guy on engadget ran the benchmark and got 14.291. He said it was the highest he had seen on his Droid 2.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    That was a Linpack benchmark, which throws out a number after a about 5- 10 seconds. It only gives high scores for snapdragon processors when everyone knows the Omap and Hummingbird processors out perform the snapdragon by a lot. Quadrant is the real benchmark. Linpack is a joke.

eveofdes no está en línea Stack level 1
    Using quadrant benchmark it showed a number of 1412. It was the only result number it gave me with a chart comparing other phones. Did I do it correctly?

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by eveofdes View Post
    Using quadrant benchmark it showed a number of 1412. It was the only result number it gave me with a chart comparing other phones. Did I do it correctly?
    Yes. That score tops the list for stock devices. I expected higher, but its still pretty good. The first Droid scores in the 1700s but of course thats over-clocked at 1.2ghz and a custom ROM.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I ordered my Torch this morning.....got bored with my iPhone let ya know what I think when it gets here....

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by eveofdes View Post
    Also, what are some good Android sites to learn tricks, read about apps, etc? Thanks guys...
    --Adam--
    No need to go anywhere else, Adam. We used to be a BlackBerry only site, but now we have many users on iPhone, Android, etc, so I believe you'll find plenty of expertise here on the Stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post
    I ordered my Torch this morning.....got bored with my iPhone let ya know what I think when it gets here....
    Welcome back, B!

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    No need to go anywhere else, Adam. We used to be a BlackBerry only site, but now we have many users on iPhone, Android, etc, so I believe you'll find plenty of expertise here on the Stacks.
    Very true roger.....I've owned them all lol....somehow I always end up with the newest berry
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

hottie no está en línea Stack level 1
    ˇ Got my new torch yesterday... Its WONDERFUL! I've tried many diffe phones-android, winmo, palm, even the iphone and this is by far the best! At least for me. One huge factor with many dual input smtphones is the lack of ĺ good keyboard but this one definitely has it. In additon there is ĺ suretype keyboard, alphanumeric keyboard, and a QWERTY (which also has AZERTY and QWERTZ options) so no matter what its easy to type. The touch screem is much imporved from the original storm where the screen clicked in. This screen also has landscape mode when turned to the left and right. Pinch zoom in and out and many tabs when browsing. There are many preloaded apps which are useful rather than the sometimes pointless ones included on other phones. All of the social network feeds are brought together in one application. The camera has been updated to 5mp with several shooting modes to get the best picture quality. There are different pages to organize the functions and applications, a drop-down menu with all of the recent activites as well as upcoming events. And one of my favorite the uverse mobile app which allows you to watch shows and communicate with your uverse @ home. The new search function on the main screen is very helpful in getting used to the phone since there are so many new and additonal menus and customizeable features. ˇ Have so much more to learn about this phone ˇ can't wait!

Thanks for all the great feedback, hottie, and glad you've made your first post after two years here on PinStack!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast