+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Android-Device... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Track Hurricane Irene on Your iOS or Android Device

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Having lived through Ike which was the 6th worst storm to hit the US since 1980, but it hit Tx so was not heavily reported,no power for 2 weeks, always the worst problem following the storm, I certainly understand the concerns of the people along the East Coast, and my thoughts and prayers are with them. I would recommend a very good site for monitoring the weather www.wunderground.com, which has radar maps, storm tracks, predicted, actual, satelite images etc, plus people on the ground reporting in, plus they have apps for your phone.

Good luck to you all out there, stay safe and please if it is recommended that you evacuate DO SO, do not brave it out, these recommendations are made for a reason.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Been using the hound to watch this thing. Way it looks now, we're good to go. Wonder about Roger down south. Gonna be a long weekend down there.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    It's bad enough here in New Jersey we have to deal with the snow and now we also have to watch out for hurricanes. All jokes aside, everyone here in the East Coast (North) NJ/NY mass transit as well as subways will not be operational all day in NY, in New Jersey that fatass said that at 12pm all mass transit must cease. They have closed the parkway south from exit 98 as people are evacuating. I'm on exit 157.

I did my food shopping on Thursday thank goodness. People at every supermarket were acting as if this was the end of the world. Bad enough we felt a little tremor earlier this week. People are still shook and now panicking about this hurricane. Not to mention the media is making this entirely way too excruciating. Skeptics and paranoids are all making the lines for what seems to be a weekend to remember for years to come. My God watch over us.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well I hope all are OK, it looks like all the right things are being done, people are evacuating. The trouble with the human psyche is the attitude that it wont affect me, people stayed in Galveston in houses that were built to survive a Category 5 storm, unfortunately with Ike it was an enormous storm (about 180 miles in diameter) and although it was a 3, it went on pounding the area for hours which eventually destroyed the houses. So My advice is to not just assume that because a storm does not seem to be that dangerous, look at it on the radar, look at its size, look at how fast it is traveling (not the wind speed, but how fast it travels through the area), and listen to the directives. It is still good that it is possible to predict the hurricane path because this saves lives as people can prepare.
    If you are safe it is a magnificent thing to behold and as the sky clears it is truly awesome. As I said earlier please stay safe.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Well, the news are now saying it's turned into a Cat1. We'll see

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Virginia cost has been hit, according to VA power outages map, just about all the east coast from hateras to VA beach, Richmond and some of points northwest are out of power. Here in Charlottesville we are wet and windy. Hope all in the path are safe. Just picked up tab since this morning. Going to look at updates.

http://www.dom.com/storm-center/domi...outage-map.jsp
    Last edited by jfcooley; 08-27-2011 at 10:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread