+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-By-Mark-Stone... Smartphone News forum

Article: Tired of seeing "By Mark Stone", "By rdills", "By Delfim" on the F

Advertisement

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Good one Mark ! I'm sure there are many stackers that can contribute, and can and will do so very well. Pinstack has always been a great source of knowledge. I know, since I've beneffited extensively by the contributions and posts that are regularly posted here.
    So I second your appeal. Let's hear from you Stackers...!
    ... And now comes my excuse for not being able to write as often as I would wish: I'm starting a new business venture after having been laid off in October last year, and its been a hard and an uphill climb... Especially in the current economical chaos. Do bear with me for quite a while. I'll eventually come back more often...
    I enjoy this too much !
    Last edited by Delfim; 01-06-2011 at 04:16 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That's great! Good luck, Del! All the more reason for others to step up and contribute!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    We need people who are interested in and can help in "scooping" the competition with industry news, leaks of beta OS's and the like.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Mark, you are doing a great job, particularly impressed with your reviews of CES . Good luck finding someone.
    Delfim, in this climate it is very hard being laid off, so I wish you best of luck with your new buiness venture (hopefully a new millionaire in the making)! Keep us informaed of your progress.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ thanks Dave ! But in this climate if I do get to be a millionaire, I´ll keep my mouth shut, and my blinds down...

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    That would be wise of you delfim, I have been laid off and out of work since Aug 2009. I'm beginning to think approaching 60 yrs of age is a downfall for getting a job. It seems no one wants a baby boomer. It does not compute because in my mind, the people I would be looking for are the one's with 40 years of experience.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by CMangum View Post
    That would be wise of you delfim, I have been laid off and out of work since Aug 2009. I'm beginning to think approaching 60 yrs of age is a downfall for getting a job. It seems no one wants a baby boomer. It does not compute because in my mind, the people I would be looking for are the one's with 40 years of experience.
    I'm turning 58 this year and may be laid off from my job in about 2 to 3 years, so I've put together my resume and have started networking - and it is completely obvious that people our age are the last ones employers want to hire. I'm fortunate that my company is honest enough to let us know this far in advance so I can get a start, but the way things look even my head start may not be enough

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...we have to admit that today we're considered over the hill. Young professionals consider us obsolete, regardless of our experience and maturity.
    I see, daily, so many stuff ups, perpetrated by these so called new pros, that at my hey day, they would be fired from the job very quickly. Nevertheless "they" make the choices...
    Being self employed (for which I am now striving - I know I should have done it long ago), will if successful, provide me with independence and fulfillment, but also maybe give a job opportunity to others my age (53) that are in the same predicament.
    And I, with the the help of another two "oldies", will start to kick some ***...
    I usually say: when the going gets tough, the tough get going...
    I won't stop until I die, or am otherwise compromised, God forbid...

+ Reply to Thread