+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...e-For-A-Change... Smartphone News forum

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Article: Time For A Change

Advertisement

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    We look forward to your feedback on the Android platform and the incredible. Its well rounded users like yourself that makes PinStack the place it is.

Of course we also look forward to the day when you announce in your opinions that you are going to Blackberry or even another platform. Kudus on making use of the freedom available through platform options.

I was talking with a four guys last night, all are with AT&T (3 iPhone and one Blackberry) and they are all moving to Androids on Verizon and Sprint. A lot of shifting happening for everyone these days.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Thanks Hayden.
    A good friend of mine switched to I-Drone, I mean IPhone last week because most of his friends use it and he was just sick of me patching his storm. He called me the other day to tell me he is switching back to VZW and most likely will go droid, but may wait til the 4gen Apple phone ;-) is release on VZW's network. Reason for port back? To put it in his own words, "ATT service sucks". ;-)

I'm a Big Red faithful, esp. in the southeast.

*update* Just received tracking info..looks like Wednesday is C-Day.

C.
    Last edited by caustic; 04-25-2010 at 05:39 PM.

MissBlackberry9630 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30cad226
    I have been playing with the Incredible since yesterday, and I may be ready to make the switch. I too love RIM and Blackberry's but the Incredible is well. . . . .incredible.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hey man, whatever melts your butter. Thats why they make so many different devices. Youve obviously done youre research and you are obviously knowledgeable about smartphones, so if this is the best descision for you-go for it. If something better comes out for my tastes, you can bet Im going to give it a try. Good luck.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Change is good and the (melts your butter) is funny it made me grin

There's always another and another and another after that. Each time making us happier than before and sometimes even melting our butter.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    ^^^^ LOl. Could have said "floats your boat".
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I look forward to hearing how you like it after a couple weeks. I am a happy android convert too....but will always have feelings for RIM. BlackBerry was my first smartphone love and maybe some day RIM will woo me back.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    It wasn't easy for me to leave Blackberry, but I was just fed up with the memory leaks, having to delete apps so the thing could at least function properly. I think a lot of people know what I am talking about.

I commend you for making the switch and trying something new. Seems kind of scary at first, leaving something that you know so well behind to start all over again. Its never easy, but I'm sure you will find the Android platform refreshing.

Congrats on your decision, and I will be checking back to read about your first impressions of the device. Go download some apps, surf the web, and experience 3G for the first time.

I also look forward to hearing your impressions of the Incredible! I almost went to an android a couple of weeks ago, but opted to stay with BlackBerry (9700 Bold). The Bold, with its fast processor, has virtually solved the spinning-hourglass and memory leak problems that we have all grown to love - so I don't regret (at least for now) staying with BB. Keep us updated on your new toy! We'll look for a post Wednesday nite!

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Wow, i remember when i joined this site immediately after i got my first BB (7100i sprint/nextel) almost 3 years ago. i was sooo impressed with what these phones can do. I havent browsed here much because of life and the slow progress of RIM compared to their competitors. Im rockin my tour proudly, but since i am a premier customer i will be taking advantage of my yearly upgrade perks and will be making that android jump also for the EVO 4g phone this summer. Cant say that i will be sadly leaving, because im a tech geek also and i have an opportunity to try the latest and greatest thing (supposedly). If its "meh", then i will have only one year to deal with the phone or go back to my tour and make a decision next summer. Im kinda glad the stack has broaden its horizon to other mobile phones so i dont feel like an outcast when i make my jump. Smart move hayden..

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    my friend.. you are going to LOVE android! welcome to "does".

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    "and as I said before I'm just bored with RIM."

That's the same that happened to me. There was nothing more that I could do to my 8900. Had OS 5.0, tried all the apps and had my favorites.
    Now my new mission. Making my Android mine. Finding and researching apps. Its a challenge by itself to find apps that's like the basic apps of a bb. Thanks to fellow stackers, there are always an answer out there.

PIN/ID
    ask
    I guess what needs to be known (esp. to some of my buddies who still sell and think I'm nutz) is that I'm not turning my back on RIM, just adding a device to quench my thirst for tinkering and knowledge. I believe there is one major fault with all these mobile platforms that needs too and will change. Staying with one platform doesn't get anyone any closer to fixing the issue.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good luck, Caustic. I am considering the Incredible too so I look forward to your feedback! i haven't had the chance to see one yet but all the prelim info looks great!

+ Reply to Thread