+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ple-!-Beware-!... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: The Trojans Are Coming... for Apple ! Beware !

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The statement “Mac OS X doesn't get PC viruses... [and] its built-in defenses help keep you safe from other malware without the hassle of constant alerts and sweeps,” is true, they don't get PC viruses they Apple Viruses or worms . Seriously though I thought that PC problems aside viruses were written for PC's cos there are so many PC's out there to attack, as the article states as Mac's become more popular the folks that get their jollies from killing computers and making money out of grabbing information will find a way of attacking them, just as I am sure they are out there working hard to squirrel their way into mobile phones.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    The statement “Mac OS X doesn't get PC viruses... [and] its built-in defenses help keep you safe from other malware without the hassle of constant alerts and sweeps,” is true, they don't get PC viruses they Apple Viruses or worms . Seriously though I thought that PC problems aside viruses were written for PC's cos there are so many PC's out there to attack, as the article states as Mac's become more popular the folks that get their jollies from killing computers and making money out of grabbing information will find a way of attacking them, just as I am sure they are out there working hard to squirrel their way into mobile phones.
    The statement "mac osx doesnt get pc viruses" was used to get people away from pcs and go to apple. that marketing campaign would be way less effective if you completed the statement "mac osx doesnt get pc viruses, it get mac viruses" basiclly its a lie of omission making people believe that its more secure, which it isnt, its just less common for now.
    Security vs User friendliness. Take a look at this: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/tec...hat-expert/954
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

+ Reply to Thread