+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...inues-HTC-Hero... Smartphone News forum

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional

Article: TELUS discontinues HTC Hero

Advertisement

because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

Say it isn't so! My BlackBerry 9700 is one year old next month - Are networks discontinuing items that are only 12 months out?

I think, if they are going to discontinue items after they are only a year old, that providers should offer one year contracts instead of two. How can we keep the latest gadget in our hands without getting a second job otherwise?!?

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Say it isn't so! My BlackBerry 9700 is one year old next month - Are networks discontinuing items that are only 12 months out?

I think, if they are going to discontinue items after they are only a year old, that providers should offer one year contracts instead of two. How can we keep the latest gadget in our hands without getting a second job otherwise?!?
    You can't. That's the problem today. The reason they don't do the one year contracts is because of carrier prices. The carriers pay the same amount for a phone that you do if you buy it straight out with no contract. That's why they do a contract, it's like a payment plan for phones lol. So if you get a one year contract your initial payment for the phone is going to be outrageous. Yet if you sign the two year contract it's going to be a little lower, and for the companies that allow the three year contracts, the prices are dropped drastically. That is also why they charge such outrageous ETF's, because they are trying to make up for what you would have paid in the remainder of your contract if you kept paying it. Plus a little on the side for the troubles lol. That last part is only speculation, although that's how it seems.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

+ Reply to Thread