+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...bile-Announces... Smartphone News forum

Article: T-Mobile Announces its First Mobile Tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Tab

Advertisement

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I'm waiting to see how this is going to go as Google has stated many many many time that Android isn't ready for tablets yet. Specifiacly froyo. Hope that it does well but I don't see this denting iPad sales as they are hoping.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I agree with you BHP77, definitely not an iPad killer or competitor in my opinion.

They may try to overwhelm iPad with sheer numbers - I wrote in the article that this device is coming to T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon. I just read at the AT&T site that they are getting it too!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...I see a phone application on the device...
    iPad needs this, as well as sms possibilities. Maybe Apple will push forward and modernize the current model (WiFi and 3G).
    And it won´t harm the iPhone.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Sadly I agree too -- both with the killer note and about SMS (that bothers me the most. I can substitute the phone part w/ a SIP program).

Anyway, it's good to see these alternatives, but honestly, the iPad's huge claim to fame is the battery life -- and I just don't see anything else come even close.

This weekend I actually jailbroke mine for the first time, and it's like having a very portable linux system with you everywhere. I can run all small services/network tools on it, which I love.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    Sadly I agree too -- both with the killer note and about SMS (that bothers me the most. I can substitute the phone part w/ a SIP program).

Anyway, it's good to see these alternatives, but honestly, the iPad's huge claim to fame is the battery life -- and I just don't see anything else come even close.

This weekend I actually jailbroke mine for the first time, and it's like having a very portable linux system with you everywhere. I can run all small services/network tools on it, which I love.
    Couldn´t agree more ! I recently went on holiday to Italy, took the iPad to keep me in touch with e-mail etc and my battery drained to 26%, and this after 7 days. Enough said !

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    I agree with you BHP77, definitely not an iPad killer or competitor in my opinion.
    This thing does everything an Ipad can't do and then some. It was built for those who wanted more than what the ipad had to offer. I agree it wont be a blow out. I think apple is pushing for a Holiday Ipad refresh because of this. With more android and windows Tabs to hit the market in the next months, apple don't want anyone sipping there Koolade. but it will sell very well.

It made the top of my list, but am holding off for Surface Ink, Archos, and HTC. I want to see what they will bring to the table before I buy this.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I'm waiting for motorola to release theirs. I think it will be the one to actually give the iPad a run. On top of that google has to do something about thier market. When both of these happen I think we'll see a dent in iPad sales but not before.

+ Reply to Thread