+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by ventz I found a great article. Here is a paragraph. After reading ... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    I found a great article. Here is a paragraph. After reading it, all i could think od is : ATT just killed innovation.
    Amen to that.

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    I truly suspect that those of us "grandfathered in" with the unlimited data plans will lose them at contract renewal (device upgrade) at some point. What I have read is that NEW contracts after June 7th will require one of the new data plans. When you get a subsidized device upgrade, you sign a new contract.

Doing it now, right before the new iPhone launches, will undoubtedly catch a lot of folks.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    AT&T rep was telling us that the change only applies to new service and those of us with unlimited data plans would not change we would be "grandfathered". when I asked about why mine changed when one of the kids upgraded their phone, he could not give me a direct answer. I think like you that the unlimited "grandfathered" data plan is a thing of the past. and the old saying goes "grab hold of your ankles". my two cents only.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here are some good charts showing how much data you may use by certain activities.

Link

Unlimited does have it benefits still. Looking at those charts makes me think of censorship.
    The caps will prevent people from doing a lot of things. (not good)

Last edited by srl7741; 06-06-2010 at 06:25 PM.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    this is one reason why I won't buy an Ipad with 3g. I would rather just buy the ipad with wifi except for the lack of a A-GPS chip. These plans are good for a smartphone but for an ipad or laptop these plans suck.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    I truly suspect that those of us "grandfathered in" with the unlimited data plans will lose them at contract renewal (device upgrade) at some point. What I have read is that NEW contracts after June 7th will require one of the new data plans. When you get a subsidized device upgrade, you sign a new contract.

Doing it now, right before the new iPhone launches, will undoubtedly catch a lot of folks.
    Exactly!! Otherwise what is the point of this. All the "2% a-holes" who kill the network will simply be grandfathered in
    I honestly can't wait for LTE with T-Mobile + iPhone(some other intuitive phone) on LTE.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    this is one reason why I won't buy an Ipad with 3g. I would rather just buy the ipad with wifi except for the lack of a A-GPS chip. These plans are good for a smartphone but for an ipad or laptop these plans suck.
    I can't agree more. In terms of an iPhone -- it kills innovation because it essentially tries to get you NOT to use: (sling player, skype/voip, pandora/slacker, google maps, app updates).

Now that said, on a laptop -- 5GB is pathetic. I was just laughing with co-workers the other day how we roll on our sprint cards about 40-50GB each month. Not 5. That's 40-50. And that's by mostly using them while on-call. Not all the time.

I honestly am hopping for two things:
    1.) people with data cards/ipad to get frustrated and walk away
    2.) for an iphone to come out on ANY other carrier's network (and probably verizon) so that ATT people can walk away.

Between these two things, ATT will be begging people to get back to the network. At that point, they will not only open up the unlimited data, but try to compete with Tmobile on "cheaper ways" of getting customers back. In their defense, all this should prune-out their network and give them some time to rebuild.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    When is this change supposed to kick in? oh btw, Hi I haven't logged in for quite some time now. Those M'fers at AT&T best not F^^^ with me or I'll twist their arms again and get a new iphone in July in order to stay with them and/or if Verizon gets the iPhone for sure I'm jumping ship over to them. End of rant...I'm gonna call the idiots at AT&T now. (pissed off face)
    Last edited by raton; 06-05-2010 at 10:02 AM.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thank god for T-Mobile!!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    When is this change supposed to kick in? oh btw, Hi I haven't logged in for quite some time now. Those M'fers at AT&T best not F^^^ with me or I'll twist their arms again and get a new iphone in July in order to stay with them and/or if Verizon gets the iPhone for sure I'm jumping ship over to them. End of rant...I'm gonna call the idiots at AT&T now. (pissed off face)
    Nice to see you back Raton. Let us know how your "conversation" with AT&T goes.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It starts Monday the 7th. (Tomorrow)

Last edited by srl7741; 06-06-2010 at 06:23 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    ATT will be begging people to get back to the network. At that point, they will not only open up the unlimited data, but try to compete with Tmobile on "cheaper ways" of getting customers back. In their defense, all this should prune-out their network and give them some time to rebuild.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. AT&T are just begging for trouble here. They already have the worst reputation with regard to customer service, so what could they possibly be thinking by alienating even more people with such stupidity?

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46
    Att is so damn f-n gay..lol you idiots need to rise up and have att go f its self!!!!

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    THIS ONLY APPLIES TO NEW CUSTOMERS!!!

iLord is DEAD!

techfox no está en línea Stack level 1
    We in Canada have been dealing with this for years now. As bandwidth costs get cheaper for providers, they've been increasing the price to consumers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast