+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ook-takes-over... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO, Tim Cook takes over

Advertisement

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    This is so sad. I hope Apple can continue its success with him as a chairman

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think Apple will be fine. They may see a dip in their stock, but I don't think that will last. More concerning to me, is the health of Steve Jobs... For him to take this step...

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    sad to hear that, he will be missed. He did a lot for the company and put them back on the map. This new guy have some hell of a shoes to fix.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Call me when Balsillie and/or Lazaridis resign. :-)

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    ^^^ LOL@ Roger
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I think they will be just fine, Steve Jobs has not been healthy for awhile now, probably a very wise decision

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    I think Apple will be fine. They may see a dip in their stock, but I don't think that will last. More concerning to me, is the health of Steve Jobs... For him to take this step...
    They suspended trading for 30 minutes on apple. When it resumed it was down from 375 to 351. I'm taking the morning off. When the news broke I knew the market would over react.

I hope he is ok and with us a while longer. For him to do this ahead of the iPhone 5 launch he is either in worse shape than we know or a great plan to limit damages.

Apple will be ok, Tim Cook has been his right hand for a while now and I suspect has played a larger role in the development than we know.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Apple is a major company, while the person at the helm is important the company will not go bankrupt if he steps down, remember they are the vying for the richest company in the US with Exxon, so a small drop in the stock 'cos of some nervy traders will not stay long they will be back to 375 pretty quick! He is leaving with a cheap Iphone 4 coming out and the Iphone 5 about to be released on all 3 carriers, followed by the Ipad 3, that should keep them going for a while
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread