+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Check this out. http://i.engadget.com/2010/05/12/spr...sucking-paces/... Smartphone News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    So I checked out Sprints Everything $69 plan and the ulimited talk is only to other mobile numbers, not landlines. The true Unlimited plan is the Simply Everything plan, which is $99/family $189. I compared that to TMO's Evenmore plus Unlimited talk, text and web plan which is $79/$139 family. If I've got this right, TMO's plans are better?
    As far as I'm aware in Sprint's $69 plan, yes Sprint will charge you talk time for calling land lines against the 450 minutes you're allotted per month. I use 550 mins on AT&T 90% of my calls/mins are mobile to mobile. So 450mins would be a lot more than enough. I always find the long calls are mobile to mobile when people are at their desk/home they never have time to talk. haha

Now if only Sprint had the iPhone, the Evo is great but I'm just not ready to leave iPhone untill I see what the 4th gen iPhone specs will be like.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Edit** I did. I used WiFi while waiting for 3G. It was not an issue. The device can still live with WiFi. It's a much better connection anyway for multiple things.
    Yup, good point, that's exactly why no local 4G coverage should not be an issue for those who were considering the device.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    By then who knows what smart phones will be touting for new features?
    I hear ya, but with specs like this, what more can we ask for, more pixels on the camera, Stronger battery, Flash (which will happen, maybe sometime this summer) This phone seems to be all that I would be looking for.

I agree with you Hayden, I want to see what the new iPhone will bring. I held the HD2 which has the same screen size and It felt huge in my hand. I wonder if the Evo will feel the same?

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    This article says 4G will be the extra $10 and then add $29 more for the hotspot.

And No Clear yet....don't know when.....
    It will be $29.99 a month for the mobile hotspot

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Man I remember when Sprint's CEO dissed Android hard and now that very same OS will pull them from the depths!

I'll hold off. The Droid 2 will be here soon with all these same specs and keyboard.

The EVO looks like a great device though.

EVO 4G comparison video

As they said seeing is believing, poor IPad on 3G:

jakelll no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3130dee0
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    So I checked out Sprints Everything $69 plan and the ulimited talk is only to other mobile numbers, not landlines. The true Unlimited plan is the Simply Everything plan, which is $99/family $189. I compared that to TMO's Evenmore plus Unlimited talk, text and web plan which is $79/$139 family. If I've got this right, TMO's plans are better?
    It might be cheaper, but the coverage isn't as good.

dmd31842 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the Sprint Tour 9630. Why would I choose this phone over the new Tour (aka Bold)?

Quote Originally Posted by dmd31842 View Post
    I have the Sprint Tour 9630. Why would I choose this phone over the new Tour (aka Bold)?
    Really? because of the entire spec list in the first post, (well thats why I would want this phone) let me ask you what is it that the Tour 9630 or the New Tour has that can stand up to the specs of this phone?
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 05-20-2010 at 12:16 PM.

An iPhone lovers take on the HTC EVO.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/29/htc...8TechCrunch%29

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12