+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-in-Apple-suit... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Samsung Galaxy smartphones banned from sale in Europe in Apple sui

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I believe that it is only one item on the phone that infringes on the Apple patent and Samsung have said they will modify the option (slide to unlock) following the Android system which will allow them to continue selling the phone. Not the great victory Apple were hoping for

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm right now trying to get the PDF file on the ruling. Just to translate it is a fat job. I'll see if I can.
    But yes, most of the patent claims were rejected. Or so I'm led to believe. Reading the doc now. My Afrikaans does help...

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    UPDATE: Die Vonnis / The Verdict

If you understand the Dutch...I know Afrikaans, so that helped in understanding 80% of the document. I suggest you download it, underline the whole hoopla, and then get Google Translate to work...

And now there is a minimalist report from the BBC which summarizes the verdict and consequences... I added it to the article.
    Last edited by Delfim; 08-24-2011 at 02:28 PM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    The only patent upheld was the slide to unlock.

Good artist copy, great artist steal.......who said that?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ you've been watching too many movies.
    Picasso? He's original. The first one...

Would love Sammy to throw that back at them.
    We'll, if anything good comes of this is that they're done using those patents in the Netherlands.

Good for the goose......

Correction, its the gallery that was cited. The photo snapping back in place or some other drivel. Doubt it was worth the money spent.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 08-24-2011 at 03:14 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    The only patent upheld was the slide to unlock.

Good artist copy, great artist steal.......who said that?
    But how many of the great works were actually done by the artist and not by his/her students and then attributed to the artist 'cos it would sell for more? How many items that Apple holds Patents for are truly original, I know prior art comes in, but this is difficult to find and prove. I can remember attending a lecture on computing in 1969 where touch screen devices were predicted along with using DNA and RNA strings as memory, even the capability of speech recognition, of course they also mentioned shriking the computers but no-one at that time could believe things could be shrunk down to size!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Many paintings and sculptures were the work of the hackers of the time...

Funny you mention that, I found this digging around.

Lucas Cranach, Michelangelo, other Renaissance painters sued by Apple, Jobs: Crappertino

In a surprising move today, Steve Jobs announced that Apple would be suing Lucas Cranach, Michelangelo Buonarroti, and many other famous Renaissance artists estates due to copyright infringement. Jobs claims that the registered trademark Apple Inc uses, the apple, has been used in many paintings without expressed written permission from Apple.

Many painters have depicted the fall of Adam and Eve. In the depictions a snake is show tempting Eve with a fruit, commonly believed to be an apple. Apple Inc says this is a blatant theft of their intellectual property, and causes the company irreparable damage. In a written brief Apple lawyers state that many consumers relate to that Apple as a logo and that its use in paintings is confusing consumers".

Apple says that the size and color are too similar to their logos and have requested a ban on viewing the works until a court in Bumfaq, Egypt rules.

When questioned about the works of art appearing before Apple in history, Jobs replied "Well, they should have copyrighted the hell out of it".

Jobs also expressed little concern about the effect the ban would have on the art world. "Look, we own the apple. The art world will just be forced to innovate."

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Love it Jay Maybe we should also mention the copyright issue between the Beatles Apple Record and Apple. When Apple first used the logo, there was no problem, then they started up Itunes and problems occured since there was then the music issue. For many years Beatles music was not found on Itunes, purely because of this issue.

Hey are can we still buy and eat apples without paying for the right to carry and bite into them??
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I thought mimicking was a way of learning. Who knows... sue them all Apple and give me a free iPhone 10
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

+ Reply to Thread