+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 1 Post By Delfim

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...kBerry-Success... Smartphone News forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Article: RIM's Five Steps Back to BlackBerry Success

Advertisement

Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well-written. It's a good plan. I hope RIM follows suit!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    These tasks are doable. And it's my opinion that it will solve the major problems at RIM.
    My question. Are these steps the actual CEO's wanted policy ? If they are, to be achieved by 2012 ? How, with so much commitment going into the actual RIM state of affairs ?
    This needs a mind-set, policy restructuring by RIM. The shareholders must take charge, then.
    Something, or someone, has to give in.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It's readily apparent that RIM's "two-headed monster" CEO team needs to be replaced with a more forward-thinking individual. The company can't possibly be so stupid as to not see this writing on the wall if they want to remain competitive.

A major change needs to happen within the organization, and it needs to happen yesterday.

QNX could very well be the saving grace for RIM and I really hope Q1/Q2 2012 sees it happen.
    lak611 likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^we must remain optimistic then. That's all.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    These tasks are doable. And it's my opinion that it will solve the major problems at RIM.
    My question. Are these steps the actual CEO's wanted policy ? If they are, to be achieved by 2012 ? How, with so much commitment going into the actual RIM state of affairs ?
    This needs a mind-set, policy restructuring by RIM. The shareholders must take charge, then.
    Something, or someone, has to give in.
    It sounds like #1 is being addressed, based on your article, which is a good first step.

I am unsure of #2, since all of the rumours are that the first QNX handset will be touchscreen only. Most people who prefer BlackBerry prefer physical keyboards, though. So it would make more sense to release a QNX device with the Bold form factor. Touchscreen devices could be added later. I know I would not want a touchscreen only device.

#3 is the biggest problem. Lazaridis made that infamous statement about nobody wanting or needing apps, and I have no idea if he has a different opinion now, or if he is still stuck in his old ways.

#4 needs better marketing. Balsillie made the data compression sound like a liability, not an asset, when he spoke about it in the past.

I really do feel that the shareholders need to reevaluate the leadership of Lazaridis and Balsillie and bring in someone new who is able to address all of these issues. Waiting until December to do the reevaluation might be too little, too late. The smartphone market is rapidly progressing, so RIM does not have much time to right the ship.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^hear, hear Laura. Yes, all of that...
    Actually all it takes is Bals(up)sill(y)ie to derail all this. At this moment Laz(y)arid(e)is is there just for the ride. Excuse the satire.
    lak611 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread