+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-RIM-continues... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: RIM DRAMA: CEO´s Argue in Public; Playbook Isn´t Making Money and.

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    In a place far away, there was one company that had it all; fortune, market share, push email and the respect of millions....

Join us tonight as we look into the slow downfall of Canada's treasured child, and how two CEO's followed different paths that finally lead to the sinking of waterloos titanic boat of fail. One obsessed with battery life, the other of becoming the owner of an NHL Hockey team.

All this tonight on A special Pinstack Insider Reports...

"Paranoia, Bodyguards, Ice Hockey and Battery life; The Fall Of RIM"

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    nice write up del

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Of all the thoughts I had reading this the one that stands out is why does the co-CEO need a bodyguard?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    He's prolly paranoid that someone is going to walk into the office and shoot him for the mishandling of the company.

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    Alol that's a good one

theforumguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think people are blowing things out of proportion, makes me thiink everyone wants to short RIM stocks with all the negative publicity. RIM is going against Android which is supported by major manufacturers some with deeper pockets than RIM for sure they're going to have a hard time.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Perhaps, but let's be honest, RIM isn't helping itself.

When CEOs argue and have open conflicts it is clear evidence there are serious problems. Having two share the seat isn't wise either, one will always dominate.

RIM has made some poor decisions, and had been stubborn and slow to react to what consumers want. Are their devices good? Yes. Are they comparable to an iPhoneor android device? Less than more.

RIM has had corporate users in its back pocket for years and that's one thing that made them great. Many users first bb came from work, and in turn they wanted one when it came time to buy one personally. And why not? The devices gave them something other devices at the time couldn't. Email, security, all thing bb.

Over time the environment has changed. Email isn't hard to do (esp if you don't need to be linked to the corp), and now there's the ability to browse online, music, photos, really integrate the device in all aspects of your life. This (IMO) is something that bb has missed doing well because of its stubborn notion that "users only want email" and not all the other goodies.

Now their stuck with catch up, and that almost never ends well.

They remind me of my uncle that stubbornly hangs onto his 70's clothes, wears them everywhere.
    I love him, but don't want to be seen in public with him.

My 4.5 cents.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    At least Paul Allen waited until he left Microsoft to buy sports teams.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Great article. The RIM squad is slowly disintegrating. Android and Apple are growly exponentially.
    I do agree with jfcooley that two CEO's are not a good idea. Although RIM pulled it off for years, I believe you need one person, one voice, one direction, and no chance of having a deflector. This means, have one CEO and surround yourself with a great staff.
    I think it's too late for RIM. They will always have their die hard fans and a few other hanging on to bbm (like myself) but I cannot see their market share growing beyond what it is today.
    RIM will never die, but it will never recover.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    believe it or not playbook sales are in what RIM estimated, those number will probably are not going to be publicly know but theyre selling kinda well, as for the two CEO model, agree, no need for them, is it too late? everyone said the same about apple back in the days and look at them now, RIM is still bein profitable, and they are well positioned worldwide.

on side note i think iBGR site is one of the more biased ones, nothing that doesnt have the fruit logo on it is good enough to exist.

+ Reply to Thread