+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...“BlackPad.com”... Smartphone News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Article: RIM Buys “BlackPad.com” Tablet rumors Heat Up

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I think Tuesday RIM and AT&T are making an announcement so maybe they will provide some more insight about the BlackPad.

Not a very good name tho, and I don't follow RIM's thinking very well anymore.

Every single device maker is moving toward Touch and App Stores while RIM seems quiet and leaking more of the same prototype images of hybrids or just another flavor of the same keyboard form factor.

I'm not so sure they shouldn't just stick with what they do best. Physical keyboards and email/testing.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    interesting, i guess i would be willing to try it as long as it has 3g and wifi built in-- i dont want to connect thru bluetooth on my phone

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I would buy a Blackberry Tablet.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I can't imagine how the UI would work? How would we navigate it? BB OS is still very menu driven and that makes Touch UI clunky.
    Anyone have some ideas on how it may work or feel?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    My best guess is that it will be a big berry

Who knows, it may be the first tablet er pad that has truncated emails, and weekly battery pulls...

I stopped hoping anything exciting from RIM. Too much pain. Too many broken promises, and broken dreams.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I think they should go with a retro name like "Blackboard."

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Blackboard is a great name for such a device. I like that one.

Here is a quote from one of the may sites with Articles on the topic and it makes some sense i guess..

"A BlackPad could be a great device for watching video and surfing the web, but the BlackBerry’s best features have always been based around instant messaging, e-mail and getting things done. That isn’t to say that that experience can’t translate well to a tablet. With the right software support and screen resolution, the BlackPad could be a great mobile word processor. But the use cases for consumers don’t seem as apparent they do with other devices."

+ Reply to Thread