+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Originally Posted by beeshabo stnkyq2: HERE you can find info on 'jailbreaking', and HERE you ... Smartphone News forum

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    stnkyq2: HERE you can find info on 'jailbreaking', and HERE you can find info on Cydia. Chokem ^^ summarized it pretty good too.
    And thank you to on the links.. Reading them now!!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    And thank you to on the links.. Reading them now!!
    No prob! The Jailbreak won't disable ANY features on your iPhone, all it does is cracks/hacks the firmware to allow 3rd party (unapproved) apps to be installed, so, whatever you were able to do before, you'll still be able to do after and it's TOTALLY reversible with a restore.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Lol, thanks! It's all good now....Cydia seems to be loading faster, was able to install Winterboard (and a theme), working GREAT! That's all I wanted, that, plus Statusbar notifications and Safari Downloader
    Cydia is probably getting a pounding right now. Also, make sure you add the sources that I posted above so you can add certain Cydia packages. Like appsync and installous. Installous is the one you need to download free apps. AppCake is another app download source.

recommended apps to download from Cydia

AppSync 3.1 for 3GS 4.0 for IP4 - sync cracked apps to iTunes
    Installous - Install free paid apps
    OpenSSH - Remotely access your phone, mainly used for modding themes or adding files to phone
    SBSettings - Swipe the top of your screen for quick toggles
    Supreme Preferences - A MUST have, 100+ new features
    WinterBoard - Install themes and mods
    iFile
    status notifier (shows notifications on your status bar and lockscreen
    install0us (another app download source)
    notifier widget
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 08-03-2010 at 12:28 AM.

SWEET!!

Thanks, I'm sure Cydia is under heavy traffic, especially with that "make my life easier" thing going on, I tapped the option and it says that my request is pending, so I'm sure thousands are attempting the same thing.....it'll probably be slow for the next few days. I'll be downloading my MUST have apps later today Can't wait to get my iPhone PERFECT!

aferm no está en línea Stack level 2
    facetime over 3g is pretty neat. Been messing with it all day with the family. The best part is using my unlimited data plan to utilize a very useful tool. Having unlimited data and not using it is like going to an all you can eat buffet and having a soup

Hey guys, heads up: There is a vulnerability in the iPhone, where a website can try install malicious stuff using a .PDF (same method Comex used to install the JB), it's not a huge threat, you just gotta be careful what sites you visit. In order to prevent this, go HERE and follow the instructions.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Please DO NOT install the five icon dock or five icon spring column it will brick your iphone. I'm warning ya. I'm restoring mine and then off to rejailbreak . Well, no one said it was gonna be easy. Just a heads up guys . Keep on Jailbreaking, I hope the dev team releases their jailbreak soon too
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Dang it Brandon, get your MMS fixed! LOL

aferm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey Beeshabo, thanks for that heads up, but were you able to get that vulnerability fix installed? Ifile hangs when I try to download it. It asks me to open using ifile, but it doesn't do anything when I click on it.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    well, I'm back again lol. Took a while. Now time to sync my stolen apps i mean free apps i mean cracked apps

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Has anyone been successful on running shrink on iOS 4 yet? I need to know, please and also the five dock and five column rows or more. Please post results. Thanks in advance. Oh and I almost forgot the theme "Illumine" I flippin' loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved that theme on my 3GS that was the only theme I really used, it was the ultimate package. I can find the theme but my question is can it be run on iOS4?

Answer:

well, I did some research and from the author himself:

"ILLUMINE for iPhone 4.

Since iOS 4 is much higher quality. I will be working on a new and improved version of Illumine.

Illumine 4 aka "i4" will be totally redesigned. The icons will NOT be ported over from the current theme. Fresh new stock icon's will be created later this summer."

My input on the matter: Saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!
    Last edited by raton; 08-03-2010 at 12:07 AM.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Here are a couple of pics of my screen after running on my old 3GS. Looks glorious on my phone . BTW you will need Appsync 4.x for those of us running iOS4 or iphones 4 no issues syncing them with itunes.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    So I just got this iPhone 3Gs and had downloaded iOS4.0. I've never jailbroke a phone so what are the things I will need to install/download inorder to do so. Are there step by step threads

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    So I just got this iPhone 3Gs and had downloaded iOS4.0. I've never jailbroke a phone so what are the things I will need to install/download inorder to do so. Are there step by step threads
    Launch your browser (Safari on the iphone) and go to http://jailbreakme.com and follow the steps. Once it is jailbroken reboot your iPhone. Launch Cydia and update it. After that; thats it!!!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Quote Originally Posted by aferm View Post
    Hey Beeshabo, thanks for that heads up, but were you able to get that vulnerability fix installed? Ifile hangs when I try to download it. It asks me to open using ifile, but it doesn't do anything when I click on it.
    No, I haven't tried yet, been taking this whole thing slowly Lol, don't wanna run into any snags (although I already have). I'm going to try it soon. Will keep you updated

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast