+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Not good so far Cydia home page won't load, tried downloading Winterboard, it froze and ... Smartphone News forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Advertisement

Not good so far Cydia home page won't load, tried downloading Winterboard, it froze and crashed..took almost 10 min to reboot....damn Lol, I had a feeling this would happen.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I am a new iPhone user, and this is my first iphone4. I want to know what is the benefit of jailbreaking versus the standard. If I jailbreak what is this Winterboard you all are talking about, and what is Cydia?
    Is there a Post on the forum that gives me the rundown of what is what with jailbreaking? I appreciate every comment and assistance that you all give me...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I will try to explain, please keep in mind Im new at the iPhone gig. Cydia is an open developer site where independant developers contribute themes, apps, etc. It is not associated with iTunes. Winterboard allows you to choose and install what themes, lockscreens, etc you have downloaded from cydia. I had cydia on my 3G and now have it on my i4, working really well.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Not good so far Cydia home page won't load, tried downloading Winterboard, it froze and crashed..took almost 10 min to reboot....damn Lol, I had a feeling this would happen.
    Beeshabo, were you connected to wifi when you did the DL? It takes a while for this JB to "settle" in. Sometimes the cydia homepage takes a few tries to load, but the "sections" part where the themes are will load right up, and the selected themes you want will DL from there no problem.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

chokem - Yeah, it works now.....it was just sluggish I guess, so when trying to download Winterboard, it timed out, thus crashing (and restarting) on me. Thanks!!

Do you get the little colorful pixels up top (by the status bar) when restarting or respringing? I do, they go away once the phone is booted, no biggie, just curious

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I will try to explain, please keep in mind Im new at the iPhone gig. Cydia is an open developer site where independant developers contribute themes, apps, etc. It is not associated with iTunes. Winterboard allows you to choose and install what themes, lockscreens, etc you have downloaded from cydia. I had cydia on my 3G and now have it on my i4, working really well.

stnkyq2: HERE you can find info on 'jailbreaking', and HERE you can find info on Cydia. Chokem ^^ summarized it pretty good too.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Pdx, I´ve got the jitters with jailbreak...tell me: I´m on Vodafone (not AT&T like you guys)
    Will it work for me ?

delfim - I'm sure you'll be fine I ran into a hiccup, but give it (Cydia) some time before you go nuts Lol.

PIN/ID
    nada
    B, I was going to suggest a hard reset also. I dont know why the cydia home page isnt loading everytime, but I just skip it anyway-LOL.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Lol, thanks! It's all good now....Cydia seems to be loading faster, was able to install Winterboard (and a theme), working GREAT! That's all I wanted, that, plus Statusbar notifications and Safari Downloader

three3peat no está en línea Stack level 3
    @beeshaboo:
    Ya I get them lil pixels on top but when it boots up it goes away

Yes!!!! pimptastic back on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by three3peat View Post
    @beeshaboo:
    Ya I get them lil pixels on top but when it boots up it goes away
    Figured!! It's not a problem.....just curious, thanks!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Im going to start a thread for all the cool i4 themes.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post

Thank you for explaining it to me.. I might hold off on doing it, unless I can tether my iPhone with my Macbook Pro when I'm on the road for my job?? Is that possible too?
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

three3peat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not for nuttin but Im now showin 5 full bars after the JB. I originally had no problems until I did the 4.01 update I noticed 4 to 3 1/2 bars .

Could this be a coinky dink

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast