+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Starting to wonder if its a case of the left CEO not knowing what the ... Smartphone News forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Starting to wonder if its a case of the left CEO not knowing what the right CEO is doing.

Honestly, it almost seems like they're trying to tank. I'm not a smart man, but I do know what the market wants.

Raise your hand if you'd like a comfortable cross between iOS, android, OS7 with bb legendary email, bb battery life, keyboard for those that want it, AND have its developers LISTEN.

Cool, noe put your hands down, and listen to the sounds of crickets.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    UPDATE
    Read this
    http://www.businessinsider.com/new-b...t-flash-2011-8
    FLASH in the pan...

Just......wow.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^Double wow. Not even flash? Why even try to tell me your phones are better than the iPhone 5 and all these laptop size screen android phones? Because it has BBM? What? are you on crack?
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ...I hope so. If anything, the Playbook shows us what QNX is all about. And it´s, in my opinion, NEW and EXCITING.
    Now, these phones ? Why ?
    One of the requisites for QNX is dual-core and higher capacity processors. RIM could have done this, already, preparing for QNX. Why didn´t they? Clients, could buy now knowing they could update. This way, it´s a safe bet most will wait. I will.
    And RIM will battle again with adverse criticism at a time they cannot afford it.
    I agree. RIM should have put more effort into developing QNX phones, not just the Playbook. I am definitely waiting too. I'm not sure what I'll get next year.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

I'm still shaking my head. You know, if android went this route, well HTC, I'd dump them until they got it together.

Bottom line, RIM is out of touch.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    That's a wrap for me I'll wait til next year as bad as I want the new 9900, a chicken has a pretty small brain but even they know when to get out of the rain, that's some proverb del think it may have came from Idaho lol

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well in the end it is all about the business plan, where do you invest your money, software or hardware, because more often than not there is not enough money for both, at the same time you have to maintain the security side of things. We can all look at the phones and because deep down we all want RIM to succeed we all think of what should be done. Apple on the other hand basically have one phone avid followers and come out with a new model every year, Android meanwhile follows the Microsoft plan licensing software to phone manufacturers, Microsoft almost bankrupted Apple with this model on PCs it remains to be seen if this happens again. Is RIM going the way of IBM?? I hope not, have they spread their wings to wide, even going for a TV box

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    TBH, I don't care as long as the OS 7 devices actually work good while they iron out the kinks that moving to a completely brand-new OS will most certainly bring. This could be an advantage for RIM, as by the time they get QNX running on several good devices, it's possible that iOS & maybe even Android will start to get a bit stale & people will begin looking at alternatives.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Bottom line, RIM is out of touch.
    For now!

As much as I hope you're right, I'm left doubting. Internationally RIM is doing well, but unless someone up high decides that customers really DO want additional features with the ability to upgrade AND a better OS, I doubt it.

I like and respect RIM, but this stuff is making them look like they are seriously out if touch with today's market.

QNX could turn it around, but how many customers are they going to alienate before it releases, and will any consider going back?

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    You know I have thought about this since the article was posted, and here's my final take. If per chance I am lucky enough to be in the position for an 9900 I may just do it. Next year I will be 61 and who knows what I will be up to. I probably won't even care about all the technology going on. I have a theme site and the prospects of keeping it up and running is slowing greatly. They just came out with a official 6.0 Theme Builder not long ago which still is messed and will not allow us developers to do what we need to do on most devices. Now with the OS7 coming out we won't be able to build for the new devices, which will be obsolete in a year or less. So I believe my theme building days are numbered even as of now let alone next year. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to turn my site into or just sell the site and get out all together. Sad thing is I really enjoy building themes, but I see my hands being tied once again directly

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Craig, whatever route you take RIM will make it difficult. 61 next year? The older the bull the harder the horn...
    Why dont you look at Jailbroken iOS or Android, rooted or not. There's lots of themes being sold on the market. Im sure you'll bring a new look to these platforms!

I don't know you that well if at all, but I can't help but wonder how many times you've considered getting out before. You're talented, and driven. The lure of a new os will be too much. Keep goin. You know down deep you want to.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well thanks del and Jay, yes 61, not sure I am interested in learning new processes, I've been told you need a mac to build for the iPhone. As for the droids all I really see is live walls I could be wrong. Jay I have not really considered getting out of building themes, I have considered selling my site a few times. I make a mere $25 a month selling my themes. I've tried selling them for .99 to 3.99 and the volume never changes so that's a no brainer. So as you can see money is not the drive I wish it was. As for now I guess we are way off track for this thread so I will close this topic. If you have comments be my guest

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast